1911Forum banner

61 - 80 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I'm gonna get 2, maybe 3.

I see you offer one for a 4" K frame. Could you do one for a 2-1/2" K frame? Put it on a chop saw. :)

·
Registered
784 Posts
I've got a box full of holsters, but all of a sudden I feel like I need a few more.

·
Registered
52 Posts
BHP, your gonna be big time buddy.... If I order can I get your autograph? That way when your fame becomes world wide I can say "ya.... I knew him when he was small time" ;)
Known him since we were dumb high school kids. Great guy and great holsters! Own 4 of them now from him for my 1911 and G21, and yet I can still think of at least 5 more holster variants I still need for my current stable of pistols done.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Wow, thanks for the kind words, guys. :)

ballew said:
BHP, your gonna be big time buddy.... If I order can I get your autograph? That way when your fame becomes world wide I can say "ya.... I knew him when he was small time"
Absolutely, man. ;)

eicas said:
My only suggestion, and PLEASE dont take this as an arrogant statement, is not to take on too much too fast. There have been so many holster makers whose talent has been snuffed because they bite off too much and fall victim to those online who think its simply an assembly line.
That's sage advice. Sometimes you need something that isn't on the shelf, and sometimes you like what you see but need a tweak or two. If I'm too busy to do that, then I will have failed.

tenntucker said:
I see you offer one for a 4" K frame. Could you do one for a 2-1/2" K frame? Put it on a chop saw. :)
You know, I think I could do that. The holster, I mean -- not the chop saw! :D

vmr357 said:
I've got a box full of holsters, but all of a sudden I feel like I need a few more.
It's a disease, really. I had a ton of holsters BEFORE I started making my own. If anybody knows the cure, please let me know.

BigFella said:
Known him since we were dumb high school kids. Great guy and great holsters! Own 4 of them now from him for my 1911 and G21, and yet I can still think of at least 5 more holster variants I still need for my current stable of pistols done.
Thanks, Geo!

Everybody, BigFella is a good friend, and one of my patient guinea pigs who beta tests my new designs to help work out the wrinkles. That's his Les Baer in the 1911 holster pics.

"You don't get T&A unless you do your T&E." :D

Wes

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Originally Posted by tenntucker
I see you offer one for a 4" K frame. Could you do one for a 2-1/2" K frame? Put it on a chop saw.
Wow, thanks for the kind words, guys. :)

You know, I think I could do that. The holster, I mean -- not the chop saw! :D
You're gonna get the chance. Will use your online order form.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks, Geo!

Everybody, BigFella is a good friend, and one of my patient guinea pigs who beta tests my new designs to help work out the wrinkles. That's his Les Baer in the 1911 holster pics.

"You don't get T&A unless you do your T&E." :D

Wes
I still think that should be put on a t-shirt. Lol Anytime you need a guinea pig I'm available. ;)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Just got my BHP holster in from Wes. Very well made, fit is exact, leather not too thick and not too thin, very pleased. Highly recommended. Thanks Wes.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Fantastic work. I've been carrying my BHP in an extra 1911 holster I have. It works but just not ideal.

I will be contacting you soon to place an order.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Would enjoy seeing samples of your Natural and Saddle Tan varieties. Matching belts would be a next logical step possibly in the future?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Would enjoy seeing samples of your Natural and Saddle Tan varieties. Matching belts would be a next logical step possibly in the future?
I actually don't know if I have any pictures of the ones I've done in saddle tan... However, I do have a pic of a 1911 prototype I did in Natural.

I have done belts before, but it's a serious undertaking when you're stitching by hand. When you have a leather sewing machine, you can do the stitching in about 2 minutes, but it literally takes all day to stitch a belt by hand. I've got enough going on now that it would significantly impact my backlog. I'm hoping to find a solution to this soon.

Wes

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
All right guys, give Wes a break. He's busy making me an IWB for my CCO and we're cutting into his quality production time. ;) Hey Wes, make sure that you post a picture here before you ship mine, your photo skills far exceed mine.

Wayne

·
Registered
9,139 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
All right guys, give Wes a break. He's busy making me an IWB for my CCO and we're cutting into his quality production time. ;) Hey Wes, make sure that you post a picture here before you ship mine, your photo skills far exceed mine.

Wayne
He's making me one for my S&W 2-1/2"- M66 no dash. I will post a pic with gun. :)

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Hey Wes, make sure that you post a picture here before you ship mine, your photo skills far exceed mine.

Wayne
I can do that. ;) I just put the final coat of finish on your holster this morning, so it should ship tomorrow. I'll get some pictures of it before it leaves. :rock:

Wes

61 - 80 of 396 Posts