1911Forum banner

Some stuff I've made lately

1024 8
I got into using Giraffe Bone for handles finally - I had bought 4 sets of scales but it was expensive and I was afraid of ruining it. No worries - it's easy to work and beautiful besides:

Here's the 2 I've made:

Both are 3/16" O1 tool steel with 3 3/4" blades.

A set in Ironwood:

Then there's my first stainless knife using ATS-34 and heat treated by Paul Bos. It's also a new model for me, the Bird & Trout (for Wylie it's the Buzzard & Bluegill) :)

1/8" ATS-34, 3" blade, green canvas micarta

Still have to get my logo on that one! :)
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3,453 Posts
Real beauties as usual brother... :)

When you putting this stuff up for sale!!! :)

· Registered
3,453 Posts
Valkman said:
Thanks man - I take orders all the time! That new B&T is $150 with micarta, G10 or stabilized wood and $175 for Ironwood. The large knives are $195 with Ironwood and $250 with Giraffe Bone - it's really expensive! :)

Brother I am looking for a new bowie... Make any that big?

· Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, no Bowies yet anyway. Alot of guys that forge make those, not so much the stock removal makers like me. But I've only been doing this 10 months now and am slowly expanding the models I make - I wanted to get better at grinding before making 20 different knives. :)

I do have 3 unfinished Camp Knives though, 6" blade and ATS-34! :rock:

· Registered
1,087 Posts
Buzzard and Bluefish ??
Thought it was the Roadrunner and Carp ?? :biglaugh:

Nice work Don , I started grinding on some bone scales the other day , even with the dust unit on and the respirator I could still smell it.... think that stuff will wait awhile.

I will hopefully make it by next week. I may have a few finished myself by then.

Keep on grinding bud. Looking good ! :rock:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.