1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen Springfield is building two 10mm's. A bobbed 5" AND a 6"...OH BOY! It's like Christmas in August! Now which one and how am I going to pay for it. And I'm don't even know how I'll explain it to the wife. I guess it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission:)

·
Premium Member
15,344 Posts
'Something Wicked This Way Comes' - Ray Bradbury, one of my favorites.

Oh, my. I was just saying the other week that I sure would take a fancy to a 6" 10mm. then, BOOM! There it is. But there is no room for another pistol so something has to go; I wonder what might go to the chopping block?

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Here's my "Springfield" 6" 10mm. The "Omega" was made in Germany by Peters Stahl (Steel), a German gun maker. This model has double extractors, one on each side of the slide, that allowed the use of different calibered barrels. The barrel and slide are also ported.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Colt Delta Elite is at Alchemy for Rob to do his magic and can't wait to see how beautiful that is going to turn out. But since ND deer tags are so tough to draw in the last few years it may be time to start turning those dust collecting rifles into some handgun badassery😀

·
Registered
879 Posts
Is this in a catalog anywhere?! It may be time for me to actually try a 1911 in 10mm! I'm curious what they will cost

·
Registered
149 Posts
Here's my "Springfield" 6" 10mm. The "Omega" was made in Germany by Peters Stahl (Steel), a German gun maker. This model has double extractors, one on each side of the slide, that allowed the use of different calibered barrels. The barrel and slide are also ported.

Like the looks and idea of different barrels,who carries them

·
Premium Member
15,344 Posts
You know what? After actually looking at the two SA 10mms, I liked the bob-tailed gov model. I don't know....getting into ANOTHER caliber and everything....

·
Registered
229 Posts
I saw those just yesterday as I just ordered the single stack classic.

Quite the surprise! The 6'' is awesome. I personally might want a comp on the other (like the Mark Morris 10mm Carry Comp) instead of the Maganport.

But, I'm sure both are awesome and good on SACS for the idea and putting it on the website.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts