1911Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The principal reason I originally came to this Forum was predicated on the fact that a section was reserved for LEOs and/or LEO dialogue that I interpreted meant job related. While I daily contribute and learn from a Forum that is LEO Only requiring an officer to fax his ID to the moderator I wanted to broaden my opportunities to gain valuable information that would aid, not only myself, but also the people in my unit. Realizing that this section was a wide open public Forum for folks in the anonymous world of the Internet I have decided to limit my inquires to the restricted, structured Forum that gives LEOs nationally and to a lesser degree an opportunity to exchange job related information.

Because of other valuable segments of this Forum I bookmarked the location and visit often, learning something new on every visit. Professional curiosity finds me clicking on this section just to see what everyone is discussing at the moment. The subjects, complaints, and war stories do have an academic interest for me in as much a they are identical to topics, remarks, innuendos, and insults that I became accustomed to when I entered the LE profession almost thirty years ago. What I find most interesting are the posts authored by real and at times it appears want to be posters posing as real LE personnel. The posers posting as real officers doesn’t bother me as long as they use the anonymity of the Internet to carry out their impersonations and nobody takes them seriously or worse acts on their false and unverifiable discourses. No my concern is actually those Forum participants that seem to be; 1) true working LE professionals 2) working in our profession everyday 3) doing a difficult job that gets more dangerous everyday 4) attempting to explain departmental policies, procedures, and the criminal justice system to the uniformed, biased, or resentful members of the Forum. Many of the real deal officers appear to be young men and women who are in the beginning phases of what I hope will be for them many years working and contributing to their jurisdictions in positive ways everyday while in this, the most honorable of all professions. It is to those young men and women that I hope to communicate with as they read the following words I have tried to assemble in some rational form:

Fellow officers you don’t know me, nor have we ever worked together so let me take a moment and tell you that I was in your shoes, proudly wearing my department’s uniform, driving a marked black & white, assigned to patrol in one of my city’s hottest districts. Just like you I wanted to make a difference in people’s lives. I knew that I could fight crime and violence, put an end to man’s inhumanity to man, and make it safe for little, old people to once again walk the streets of my great city in the evening air just like my parents did years before I joined the department.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts