1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first Kimber should be here next week. I got a NIB Custom II (base gun) off of gunbroker for $650. I've owned a few SA in the past, a compact and a milspec, sad to say I've been without a 1911 for a while. I was very close to buying a Taurus but decieded to buy the Kimber fearing quality issues with the Taurus. I'm looking over the 'net now for some acessories for the guy. So far I have picked out:

A good gun belt, not sure from who yet, I like the stuff from the belt man.

A MS Summer Special II and a Blackhawk check six.

Some new mags from CMC or Wilson

Down the road I'd like to have a set of henie night sights and a ambi safety

I'm really looking foward to this pistol hoping it lives up to everything I've read about the kimbers.

Any issues I should be aware of before hand?

·
Registered
194 Posts
New Kimber in 5 days

This will be my first Kimber, a TLE II. It will be my second 1911 my other being a SA GI model. I hope to get a little tighter groups with the Kimber and it seems to be a much smoother gun with all the upgrades on it.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Be sure to keep the slide rails, and barrel locking lugs on barrel and slide well lubed and use quality factory ball ammo for awhile. I've never had any issues with any of my Kimbers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My first Kimber / 1911 was the Kimber Custom II. I have about 500 rounds through it with no problems. It's so accurate that it makes me look like a good shooter.

Take advise from these other guys. Keep it clean and lubed and use factory round nose ammo.

GOOD SHOOTING.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on running the first 200-500rds nothing but WWB 230gr fmj. I can't wait to get my hands on the gun, I'll be sure to post some pictures once it arrives. Any suggestions on lube? I'm fond of CLP in my other guns as a decent cleaner, a good lube and a good protectant.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
I also use CLP on my Kimbers primarily as a cleaner. But for lube, I've been using FP-10 (which is also recommended by Kimber). I've been very satisfied with it.

Good luck with your Custom II. :)

·
Registered
891 Posts
I can get the same gun for $589.00 at my local shop!

·
Registered
891 Posts
No, but someone else on the forum from Texas was saying they got similar prices at there local I believe. Let me do some searching.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just got a Kimber Custom II last week. I haven't shot it yet but I spent my days off giving it the once over and over again. Can't find a thing I'm unhappy about with it. I paid $719.00 for mine but the dealer I got it from has given me so many good deals in the past I guess it was his turn. I do want to make some changes to it but not so much a need to change it's more of a want to change. Maybe I am opposed to full lenght guide rods so if I have to complain the flgr would be my complaint.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just picked up my Custom II TLE and can't wait to get to the range. Spent all night cleaning and lubing, this 1911 is really tight and tough the first time stripping and assembling. Hope that's a good sign of how my shot groups will be.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I know you will enjoy it. I hope you are as satisfied with your new one as I am mine. They say Kimbers are like diamonds, Once you buy one you will always come back for more.:rock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts