Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

A gentleman on one of my Facebook Gun Groups posted this pistol for sale. Pretty much I told him that the pistol is not $3,000 and agreed to meet to see it in person. Met with the guy and took some nice pictures cause his were out of focus. I know the pistol has a Remington UMC frame from 1918 due to serial 10XXX. The slide unfortunately seems to be a 1918 Colt 1911. The main spring housing is modern and so are the Bakelite grips. No AA was found on the frame so definitely not an Arsenal refinish. Attaching some of the pics for your viewing pleasure with hopes that someone can give me a ballpark price...

Lev

·
Registered
89 Posts
Could be a Depot level rebuild. I'm not sure anyone could say for sure. I have a 1914 Colt's frame with a later Colt's 1911 slide, all WW1 vintage, and parked, except two fire blued grip screws and a blued intertwined HP barrel. Not sure on the value of yours. If the HS barrel looks as good on the inside as out, that's a bonus. The checkered mainspring housing is as well. The extractor looks wonky though. Probably a few hundred over an average parked 1911.

Jim

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew I forgot something... and brought a nice tiny flashlight too LOL. Did not check the rifling in the barrel....

·
Administrator
73,082 Posts
Complete Rem-UMC pistols are rare, but a refinished receiver with somebody else's top end adds nothing to the value. If it's a legit arsenal rebuild it would likely be worth $1200 tops, but without a definite arsenal rebuild marking it's hard to say for sure and you'd be taking chances it's not somebody's put-together.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Hello there,

A gentleman on one of my Facebook Gun Groups posted this pistol for sale. Pretty much I told him that the pistol is not $3,000 and agreed to meet to see it in person.
Lev
I have yet to see a basic WW1 gun that was a 3k gun .

I know where there is a Rem UMC for sale for 4k but best I can tell it was piece together, 2 line slide on a late frame, MSH is not marked correctly, wrong barrel and a mixed set of grips .

·
Premium Member
15,367 Posts
Appears to be Parkerized and has typical rebuild parts, so most likely it is a U.S. rebuild. There were numerous ways to get a pistol rebuilt outside of the Arsenal system. However, not having the rebuild mark or any paperwork may affect value. Value could be $750 - $1250.

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
It's a nice gun but probably it's a bit of a mixmaster, the barrel is an original High Standard type 18 used on all US&S and most Remington Rand and Ithaca mid 1943 to end of production, the marking E.E.C. should belong to Edward E.Chapman C. 1918-19 and Remington UMS M1911
Unfortunately I cannot see the rebuild mark.

·
Administrator
73,082 Posts

·
Administrator
73,082 Posts
We don't need two threads running on the same subject so I'm closing this one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.