1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a buddy of has a Dillon Square deal that I cut my teeth on. For Christmas I got a $200 gift certificate to cabelas and went for the Lee pro1000. My first impressions were that it was well made and "snaped into place at every die. I got it mounted and played around a bit with it before making any rounds. I metered the powder about 10 times and got a consistaned weight. Then started loading. 1st round mashed the bullet clear to the bottom of the case:barf: Re set the die and got closer to where I needed to be. The 3rd one was perfect. Loaded up 10 to try before going crazy. I couldn't shoot that day so I gave them to a friend to try out. He was very happy. So off I went loading away. First problem was with primers not feeding correctly. I recalibrated the die plate and that took care of that. In doing that I accidently disconected the powder measurer. I did not notice untill I dumped 5 rounds on top of the 100 I already did. Started a new batch and found that I need to re-adjust the die plate every 100 rounds for perfect performance. I love the case feeder works perfect!!! Best part of the machine. I really like the primer feed on it. Very fast to load and workes great unless the die plate gets out of adjustment. I can load 80 rounds in 20 minutes going slowly. I'm very happy so far with this machine. I'm loading 200 gr. LSWC over 4.3 of CLAYS. Was told that it was very smokey but very accurate( it was the best that my buddy every shot) I'm using ZERO bullets and Reington primers. Best part is that I'm having fun.
I would recomend this machine to someone on a budget.

· Registered
7,462 Posts
Congrats,
Got my Pro 1000 04/98. Last box of (1000) primers makes 98,000, that makes 196,000 pulls of the handle. Starting to see some wear and may have to replace some parts soon. I would suggest (unless you're not having sizing probs) to get another top plate and a Lee Factory Crimp Die. After finishing making the loads, go back and run them thru the LFCD. I wore out and broke a shell plate (bottom) at approx 35,000 rds. Bought another new plate w/ 38 dies to get the new plate, small pistol primer feed and 38 dies for my revolver. Bought another plate later w/ 380 dies so I could keep one plate for 45/ large pistol primers and a plate for small pistol primers and switch the dies as necessary. Great choice, Tracy

· Registered
281 Posts
Yeah that 200gr lswc and clays was the most accurate round ive loaded so far too. hey good for you on youre new purchaes, i dont believe everything should cost an arm and leg to work good (after all thats why we love the mil-spec aint it ) anywayz all my friends use lee 1000 loaders and they work just fine. So does my hornady lock-n-load,after all mr.Dillon has enough machine guns.:biglaugh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.