1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, long time lurker, just picked up a Loaded Operator. :cool:

Been around for awhile, lurking since I didnt yet have a 1911 pattern .45. Had a S&W 4506 that I sold, but am now back in the .45 camp.

Picked up the Operator yesterday, and took it to the range today.

Was a bit concerned about the various posts of out of the box inaccuracy, but am pleased to discover mine is more accurate than I am. Man am I rusty. Havent been shooting for some time, so my skills are a little lacking.

Fired 400 rounds of the WallyWorld value pack .45 with only one FTF. My guess is I didnt have the mag fully seated, since I reloaded the round in another mag, and it fired fine. Other than that, not one single problem. Well, aside from my lack of accuracy. :p

I predict many fun range days in my future. :D

Used the stock magazines along with some Power 10 mags. All worked great, except for one of the Power10's.

I added some Alumagrips even before shooting it. I have shot .45s with checkered grips, and knew I didnt like them, so decided to give smooth alumagrips a try. I like them. I also decided to get laser etched ones, with dragons. Fits a theme of mine. My motorcycle helmet also has a dragon. :) the only problem so far is that one of the grip screw inserts came out when I removed the grips and I stripped it trying to get it free from the grip. Dang it. :mad:
So, I need to add a grip screw insert to my order when I order up an arched S&A Magwell. My 4506 had an arched grip, and I find I prefer that feel. I also have rather large hands.

here it is . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one of todays targets.
the 3 in the middle were 3 left overs I tried to get a good group with in the white space between the top targets

shot at 15 yrds

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Nice looking pistol. I like the dragon.... Wish I'd have gotten the Operator too.... I'm not big on the extended mag though.... Enjoy!

Hershey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts