1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think will be the next Kimber model that everyone will be looking for a couple years from now? I was just looking at another old forum from several years ago and they had numerous NIB Kimbers models that are hard to come by today for rediculously low prices. I just kept thinking that if they knew then what we know now, they'd have held on to them. So just for fun, what are your predictions for the sought after Kimbers of the future?:hrm:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
AZ Heat said:
What do you guys think will be the next Kimber model that everyone will be looking for a couple years from now? .....
Oh - that's easy... It's ALWAYS the one I just sold ;) For the record, and for those who want to speculate on Kimber futures - I recently sold was a GM Series 1. Expect them to increase significantly over what it was sold for - even 2 weeks ago...

It always happens that way, dammittt.... :cool:

·
Registered
171 Posts
there is a simple formula to determine which model will be most in demand.

If you are shopping for a Kimber then the one in the Gunshop cabinet you like the most is the most sought after model. it will be in short supply and the price will be inflexible.
If you are trading in a Kimber to help defer the cost of the new, rare, high demand Kimber...then your trade in is NOT the most sought after model. in fact...it is the most common model ever made and thus...is nearly worthless. In fact, the dealer will be doing you a favor if he can even get the shop owner to accept it as a trade. Furthermore, they have 4 of 'em in the safe right now....they don't even bother to put 'em out in the cabinet anymore because they just won't sell.

I'm betting that the most sought after model in the future will be one of two as-of-yet unannounced models.

Either the Kimber "New Classic" built on a Series I type platform.

Or the Kimber Pistol (only one model available) with trigger, grip, thumb,Mainspring locking, firing pin, magazine, palm-print, voice activated, safeties. All delivered on the new rubber coated, foam-padded, dehorned polymer frame and slide so it won't cut you and a lanyard loop so you can't throw it, drop it on your foot, or otherwise casue a blunt trauma injury. It will also be packaged with a complimentary roll of 1000 low smoke, low flash, low noise caps (not for children under 35).

Which one will you buy?

Man, I gotta cut back on the coffee in the early afternoon!:mummy:

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Gold Guardian. I almost bought one a few months ago but I was too caught up looking for an SLE. I'm sure I'll kick myself in the butt later.....Sam

·
Premium Member
20,368 Posts
I'm already seeing action for the plain-jane Custom and Custom Stainless, first series. Those will probably be the new favorite for guys building their own from an existing pistol. You can never go wrong with one of them.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
We're already seeing it right now, as anything Series 1.

I think this will just continue. Series 1 anything. Low-end for base guns, and high-end for what they already are.

I guess I'm talking mostly about CA, because we have a hard time finding Series 1s already in state, and no more can (legally) come in.

In a way, we're sort of "ahead of the curve" on this one.

·
Premium Member
20,368 Posts
If I lived in CA, I'd have to move back and forth to AZ a few times!

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Any of the Series 1 models in excellent to NIB condition are selling very well, and will continue to do so.
AZ,
Isn't Phoenix in southern CA?:D

·
Premium Member
20,368 Posts
It's looking more like Northern Mexico.

Guys, if you want the true skinny on anything Kimber, 45auto is the man! I thought my grasp was pretty good...

·
Registered
445 Posts
AZ Heat said:
What do you guys think will be the next Kimber model that everyone will be looking for a couple years from now
Well, besides any Kimber that was actually held or fired by myself:D I would say think Clackamas. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
AZ Husker said:
I'm already seeing action for the plain-jane Custom and Custom Stainless, first series. Those will probably be the new favorite for guys building their own from an existing pistol. You can never go wrong with one of them.
I brought one home from the shop and never shot it. Since I despise FCS, I was going to sell it. Then I stopped, looked at it, and re-evaluated what I had. Suffice it to say, one of my favorite gunsmiths will be receiving a Kimber in the near future. :D

Be well!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts