1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new stainless Colt Series 70 only came with 1 mag.:grumble:
Where can I get some more stainless Checkmate 7 rd. mags with the Colt horse on the floorplate?:scratch:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Brownell's is the best place to find factory Colt magazines, I have found. They are pricy though, about $37 apiece for the stainless ones.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mbinky said:
Brownell's is the best place to find factory Colt magazines, I have found. They are pricy though, about $37 apiece for the stainless ones.
I just checked Brownells and they are $24.98 each for the 7 rd. SS ones.Still a little pricey but not as bad as $37 each.:eek:
Thanks mbinky

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Kalash47 said:
My new stainless Colt Series 70 only came with 1 mag.:grumble:
Where can I get some more stainless Checkmate 7 rd. mags with the Colt horse on the floorplate?:scratch:
Call Checkmate out on Long Island and speak with John. He will get some to you. Also, there is a way to order them for a cheaper price. Just check out one of the other 1911 forums and you will see the link for purchasing Checkmate mags.

·
Registered
758 Posts
visit www.cdnninvestments.com

Get their phone number and call them. There are no 7 rounders listed in their catalog, but they can't catalog everything in their warehouse.

Their colt 8 round SS mags are $16.00, don't know don't know if they are Metalforms or Checkmate. If Colt puts their name and a picture of their pony on the baseplate, it probable does not made any difference, both are made to their specs.

Give them a call, its an 800 number and the folks there are eager to help.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought mine at my local gun shop. They were about $30.00 for the stainless 7 rounders. A few dollars more than the Brownell price but I didn't mind supporting my local guy.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
jaysouth said:
visit www.cdnninvestments.com

Get their phone number and call them. There are no 7 rounders listed in their catalog, but they can't catalog everything in their warehouse.

Their colt 8 round SS mags are $16.00, don't know don't know if they are Metalforms or Checkmate. If Colt puts their name and a picture of their pony on the baseplate, it probable does not made any difference, both are made to their specs.

Give them a call, its an 800 number and the folks there are eager to help.
Those mags CDNN is selling are probably knock-off Colt mags. Probably not made by either Metalform or Checkmate. Just a hunch.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
the checkmate mags on the other site don't have the horse on them. also they are a "hybrid" which means they are new and improved---time will tell.

I got 10 of them and for the most part all work fine. (7 rounders)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Texagun said:
If that 70 Series is a Repro it SHOULD have come with TWO mags.
I know but I was there the day it showed up at my dealer's from the distributor and it only had one.:scratch:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts