1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there someone out there who has original parts for sale? I'd like to find a reputable source who might have a Parkerized, serrated Ithaca thumb safety.
JT

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
eBay and the gun auction sites are best. Gun shows are also a place to look. I don't know of any single place that carries a large selection of WW II parts. Bob

·
Registered
268 Posts
The problem is, I think that every collector who has the parts just doesn't want to part with them (like me) I have one but I am not sure I want to sell it. There are MANY reproductions out there from everything like magazines and barrels! I think we should set up a "trade" board so if we had original parts we could swap some with each other so it wouldnt be so bad about just losing a part. Also, if you hit the right auctions on e-barf and some other sites you can find parts and pieces.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, gents. I hesitate to go the route of internet auctions because of counterfeit parts.
JT

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Bill Ricca sells USGI parts, the only catch is the $20 minimum order. He is pretty good at getting back to you if you provide him with a wish list, since he somes times gets parts in small quantities. www.billricca.com

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
someone just poseted on my site in the classifieds (coolgunsite.com) that they have a lot of WWI/WWII surplus they want to sell due to retiring. I have not seen the parts or know the person but you all might want to check it out.
Cheers,
Ty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts