1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I have a huge problem w/ this little wheelgun: local gun legistlation.
Fact is, if a revolver fits inside of a 7,48 x 5,51" (19 x 14 centimeter) box, I cannot have ownership. And of course, this Ruger is a rarity here in Finland: it'll take months to order it. And I cannot afford to buy a gun and donate it to the distributor after a bitter visit to the police...

I know it's awful lot to ask, but I'm a desperate man: if any of you could box-test hes or hers SP101 with 3 1/16 inch barrel in a box like described above, well, I'd owe you one.

Here's an example pic of a no-no gun in the official box.

Thank you,
-Jusa
Helsinki, Finland

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so far

Thank you for all the trouble so far.

Factory says measurements are 8 by 4,5 inches, but problem is that supervisors will rotate the gun (see attached pic of a pocket Taurus, that does fit inside the box and hence is out of my reach).

Building a box is a lot to ask, but maybe you could draw a 7,48 by 5,51 inches rectangle, "spin" the Ruger and try to see if it would drop in or not?

-Jusa
--

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kutzro, let me get this straight: you can fit the gun in a box deep enough? Outch.
Do you have stock grips?

-Jusa
--

·
Registered
226 Posts
Kutzro, let me get this straight: you can fit the gun in a box deep enough? Outch.
Do you have stock grips?
It`s all stock. I just played with it using paper and making a box. If that is the inside dimensions of the box I think it will just fit laying flat. That`s putting the grip tight in one corner and laying the gun at an angle. It`s hard to tell without having something really rigid to make the box with.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Size of the gun?

Isn't it amazing the hoops one must jump through to be "allowed" to own a firearm by the powers that be in some countries and even some states in the good old USA? The right to own any firearm is a God given right and not one determined by some politician. Be careful how you vote or you might be measuring to fit into some kind of box too!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kutzro, you have fully got my point.
Yes, it's the inside dimensions of the box that counts, and it has to be one rigid box. Do you think a good quality aftermarket grips with a desent profile would make any difference, and if so, should the grip be larger in what direction?

Once again, thanks. This is all really valuable info, and yes, I'm getting despered..

-Jusa
--

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Photoshopping

For what (?) it's worth, I tried to match the trigger guard with that of Taurus thus check if Ruger fits our box. It looks like it MIGHT not reach the floor of the box. Equaling I could order the damn thing after all. But then again... We must be talking about a fraction of an inch here, phew...

-Jusa
--

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good news

Yep, good news.
Yesterday I rang thru half a dosen gunstores, and a few more official instances, including local ATF lab - and found out one SP101 KSP-331X, 35 sold locally. The weapon was sold on a non-pocket basis. I immidiately made an order, and should anything go as planned, in a year or so there's a Ruger to post pics to revo photo thread. And more importantly, for me to shoot :)

Thank's all for trouble,
take care,
-Jusa
--

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Jusa may I ask where are you allowed to have a gun in Finland? Can it be on your person concealed or your in your home unlocked?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Handgun Guy,

You aren't allowed to use guns for personal nor home defence.
But we have a lot of guns for sports shooting and army reserve training, since we have obligatory military training (for male citizens).

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Wow that just blows my mind. Im assuming you cant even store it at home..
Thanks Jusa for the answer..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts