1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've noticed a lot lately but when I am accessing this site. The site will redirect me a couple of times and end up on one of those 'your device is infected' or 'you have won a prize pages'. This makes it so that no matter how many times you hit the back key, it will continuously redirect to one of their spam pages. It will happen multiple times, but by the time I get my screen recorder up and running, it will not do it again. So unfortunately I haven't been able to capture this in action.

I'm providing a screenshot of a text editor with the links in it. I do not wish to share the spam links, so that is why I'm sharing it with a picture and not just plain text.

You can clearly see from the links that the 1911forum has some sort of contract with them. This is just shameful that they would resort to this just for some petty cash. I love this forum. I love most of the members in here and the contributions they make. But this is ridiculous.

Attached is a photo of the two links that I managed to scathe from my history and a screenshot of the page at directs you to.

Attachments

·
Banned
260 Posts
You can try a different browser and see if the problem persists. Empty your cookies and temp files, run a virus scan...Then reboot the computer and see if the problem comes back. Was the problem only with this forum or other sites as well. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can join in to help you out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm no expert but it sounds like you may have malware or a virus. I have never experienced such things while visiting this site.
You can try a different browser and see if the problem persists. Empty your cookies and temp files, run a virus scan...Then reboot the computer and see if the problem comes back. Was the problem only with this forum or other sites as well. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can join in to help you out.

No actually a malware would redirect every site in this is the only site that it happens on. And you can clearly see from the links that's the 1911forum is the company involved in this. Otherwise why would they say that. I go through monthly factory resets on my phone so I sincerely doubt it's infected. Also my phone is a Samsung S10 plus with a Snapdragon processor secured by Knox. With a dedicated group of hackers over at the XDA forums who spent a long time looking for any breach to get root or any exploit at all to gain access to system code. Now I know nothing is unhackable. But I think it's a pretty good bet that it's not my phone that's the issue. And the issue has persisted across a couple of different browsers.
When I get a chance I will go through with my laptop and take a peek at the scripts this site uses to see if I can find definitive proof.

·
Administrator
961 Posts
Hello all,

I've noticed a lot lately but when I am accessing this site. The site will redirect me a couple of times and end up on one of those 'your device is infected' or 'you have won a prize pages'. This makes it so that no matter how many times you hit the back key, it will continuously redirect to one of their spam pages. It will happen multiple times, but by the time I get my screen recorder up and running, it will not do it again. So unfortunately I haven't been able to capture this in action.

I'm providing a screenshot of a text editor with the links in it. I do not wish to share the spam links, so that is why I'm sharing it with a picture and not just plain text.

You can clearly see from the links that the 1911forum has some sort of contract with them. This is just shameful that they would resort to this just for some petty cash. I love this forum. I love most of the members in here and the contributions they make. But this is ridiculous.

Attached is a photo of the two links that I managed to scathe from my history and a screenshot of the page at directs you to.

If you are still getting this can you try to get the link to the page that is taking over?
-Philip

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are still getting this can you try to get the link to the page that is taking over?
-Philip
Hello, I posted a screenshot of a text editor that has the links in it. I can post the links themselves, I just didn't want to be posting spam links directly into the forum. For some reason I missed the notification that you had replied sorry about that!

·
Administrator
961 Posts
The link copy and pasted here still works. Its part of how we usually are able to track these. I have not seen an reports of these for a while now so fingers crossed they are gone. These seem to happen every quarter it seems. Some way one of these junk ads ends up on the ad network and we have to figure out who let it in. None of the providers will ever admit they left the gate open.
-Philip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts