1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering with the Big Election coming up. About the remote possibilty of some sort of a Clinton type gun ban about spare parts..
What do any avid shooters keep for spare parts or think you may need in case of a ban? For your 1911's as well as any High Capacity pistols?
Right now the only spare parts I have for any of my gun's are magazines.
I want to have some extra parts just for general shooting as well as the possibilty of a gun hater in 08... In general what is prone to breakage? What do I need?

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
Depends, what kind of guns do you have and how much do you shoot?

I've got one 1911 with 35K plus rounds through it that has never had anything changed but springs.

I sure as hell wouldn't worry about them banning spare parts. Guns and ammo would go or have exhorbitant taxes on them before they think about spare parts.

If you do buy a bunch of parts, keep them in the little bags they come in. That way, when your kids are selling off your stuff after you die, they will know what the have....:biglaugh:

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Mostly 1911's chambered in .45 S&W,Kimber,Springfield... High capacity i will just mention one my M&P .40 ... I shoot around probaly 1500 rounds a month from which ever pistol i take..One month I may shoot nothing 1500 rounds of .45.. The next month i may do the same with my M&P or XD.45... On average id guess each pistol is shot pretty often...To copy another post I dont have safe Queens...
I will rember the bag's Bill!!! LOL

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
I have a complete set of stuff excluding pins and barrel. Sear, hammer, trigger, firing pin, extractor, etc. all either Ed Brown or Wilson.

It looks nice in it's little case in the cabinet in the garage. I've never used any of it in the last 40K rounds or so.....:grumble:

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'd worry more about stockpilling ammo than parts, thats where they're heading. The constitution say "nothing" about your right to own ammo.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
I`m really not too worried yet concerning the many 08 electoral decisions and stocking up on spare parts...but I, and everyone else will be watching for the Supreme Court decision and possible long term effects should a negative ruling come down.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the comments ,but I think Bill answered my question.. I will stock up on those supplies. Then hopefully keep them in those little bags so my family will know what there selling off when im dead...:biglaugh:
Id rather have them and not need them, than need them and not have them!
As far as ammo go's my caster is right down the road from me and I have plenty of brass and primers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts