1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Milt Sparks 55BN w/ FBI Cant yesterday and it looks fantastic. The fit is super tight but I have read the posts about how to properly block it so that shouldn't be a problem.

My question is when my 1911 is properly seated in the holster, it appears that the trigger is more exposed than it should be (I can see the edge of the trigger) Is this normal?

Here are some pics...

As you can see I have seated the pistol in as far as it will go...

The guys over at Sparks are super nice and told me to send Tony pics, which I did, but I was wondering if anyone here has this holster and this is normal?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh here is a pic I found on the net of a straight drop that seems to cover the whole trigger....

·
Super Moderator
13,519 Posts
Only Tony Kanaley can tell you if the canted 55BN's trigger guard area was cut that way. But I don't think it will present any problem. Even though you see part of the trigger, the front face of the trigger is completely covered, so there shouldn't be a chance to engage the trigger with a finger while it's in the holster.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have that exact holster and mine also exposes part of the trigger. Because it doesn't expose the face of it, I don't worry about it. What you have is the normal 55BN configuration.

BTW... mine was extremely tight. I dunked it in VERY hot water and placed my pistol in a Ziplock freezer bad and put it in the holster for 15 minutes. Its still pretty tight, but at least I can draw it without giving myself a wedgie.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks for you input guys!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Not sure about the water soaking? Brommeland advises to wrap your gun in wax paper and to let set overnight. Too tight yet? Add another thickness of wax paper and do it again... Worked for me.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
M.45

I have 5 of the 55BNs for the commander & they all are cut the way yours is.

It should not create any problems.

You'll love the rig.

Enjoy.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts