1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of purchasing a Sparks OWB for my Colt Govt Model 5-inch. I have narrowed my choices to the new 60TK, the old Roadrunner 60TK(purchase from a friend) or the IBAK pancake. This is for concealed carry under a T-shirt or Hawaian shirt in hot humid Florida. Please let me have your input. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
20,402 Posts
I've got a new black 55BN FBI tilt I'd get rid of. PM me.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I personally prefer a low ride holster as the gun clears the holster about the top of the belt. It also does not require such a high lift by the shoulder, plus I do not have to raise the covering garment (normally a shirt tail outside of pants.) as high.

Accordingly the I-BAK is my preference. I just wish Tony would make it with the option of a shirt guard. A shirt guard protects the white shirt worn with a suit from a speck of oil if I do not get all of it off the gun.

Best,
Jerry

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've got a few 60TKs and a few 55BNs. The 60TK rides pretty high and I prefer it for a Commander or High Power barrel length rather than a 5" gun.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have the 60TK. It is quite high and conceals well even under a short jacket. The grip tends to want to "tip out" if your belt isn't tight and the draw is a little bit difficult to me. But I do like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts