1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone own one? Comments? How does it compare to say the Summer Special II? Thanks

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
<><> I own one of each..

SS II is for a 3" 1911,,,Heritage
is for a 4" 1911...

They both seem to ride about the
same...The heritage has a liner
between the layers of leather to
help make it water resistant...

I like the the heritage a little more,,,
cause it is smooth side out,,,as
compared to the SS II which is
rough side out...The smooth side
out makes it easier to put on and
take off,,,at least for me...

Some folks like the rough side out...

I don't think you can go wrong with
either one...

The quality and workmanship is what
one would expect from a Milt Sparks
holster,,,*impeccable...*

===============================

<><> Raspy <><>

·
Super Moderator
13,726 Posts
Raspy:
How is the overall thickness of the Heritage versus the SS2, while it's worn on your belt? Thinner, thicker, same?
Thanks.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pics would be cool if possible...

I'm thinking the Heritage has a more "slick" draw maybe? Also do you think it hinders holster wear?

I think I'm going to get one as my main holster for carry. A friend of mind has the SSII for his Ed Brown Kobra Carry and he swears by it... but i'm not a fan of the "rough side out" - he suggested the #1H as he knows of a person that carries a CQB in it and swears that it conceals the full size EXTREAMLY well and also provides protection to the CQB's finish with thousands of draws showing no holster wear on his gun.

I like the VM-2 but it is kinda bulky. Its probably suits a P7 good, and other smaller guns but when I tried it (for me) it didn't pull the gun in tight enough. The rear loop would stick out but then again maybe the leather needed a break in....

More comments on the Heritage please...
:D

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
<><> Ricky T,,,The Heritage looks to be
just a little bit thicker,,,I'd say maybe a
1/16"...I don't really notice it on the belt...

ol1911,,,I don't have a camera or the
knowledge to post pic's...

As for speed of draw,,,both seem to
be equal...

I'm not sure,,,but I think Sparks will
build the SS II smooth side out if you
request it...

I just looked at my catalog
and they advertise the horsehide
model as smooth side out...

=============================

<><> Raspy <><>

·
Registered
312 Posts
I also have a Heritage holster. I ordered it and the 55BN, thinking along the lines of Heritage for carry and 55BN for the range. I can't compare it with the SS, I don't own one. I have others that are copies if you will, and don't like the the rough side out. Lately, I use the Heritage for both carry and the range, comfortable and stable and all the expected, Sparks quality.

Good Luck,

Michael

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I bought a Sparks #1H. Just tried it out and it rides a lot lower than the VM-2. This is not a bad thing as it conceals a Gov't size well. Its like any other IWB when it comes to comfort. I do favor the VM-2 design but the #1H does not "stick out" at all. On the VM-2 the rear loop would always stick out and buldge but with the #1H lies flat. I also like the idea of the inside being smooth. Very sturdy design and holds the gun in place solid. Molding is to the exact dimensions (of course!) and even the ambi saftey fits the molding...

Its always a challange trying to conceal a Gov't size pistol but when its the only gun I want to carry I have to live with it.

The #1H is a good quality holster. Sparks knows how to design them and I'm glad to say this will be my primary carry holster!

http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=/00001490/Sparks1H.JPG[/IMG]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts