1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The gang at Milt Sparks comes through once again. My HR-LTD is another example of the quality Tony and the guys put out, quality we’ve all come to expect from this company. This holster won’t replace my Heritage model; it will give me an additional lined holster for our steamy summers here in the south. The HR-LTD will, at least for me, require a little more adjusting to. The wide spacing of the loops and the stiffness of the holster seem to add a bit of bulk, but after two days the holster is starting to mold to my shape, no easy task. The weapon fit is perfect, the gun (full-sized) almost snaps into place. Tony and all the guys at Milt Sparks, thank you, and a special thanks goes to James, he answered all my questions. It is always a pleasure dealing with a fine company and then getting an excellent product.

Michael

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Thank you, Michael! I'll pass your kind words onto James. :cool:

Tony

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Picture of HR-LTD

Can somebody post a picture of this holster? I looked at the website, but according to thee guy on the phone, it has changed some from that picture. Can somebody post a picture of their holster?

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
tn shooter,

I agree totally on the exceptional goods and services provided by the team at Milt Sparks Holsters, Inc. I currently have three Sparks holsters, and an HR-LTD that should arrive next week. I never have any regrets about the money I spend with them. You have to appreciate good people and good products!

Nathan, I'll try to post images for you.

Be well!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Have been wearing an HR-LTD for over six months. Wear it everyday with a 1911 Government Model. Most comfortable IWB holster I have and have had almost all of the Milt Sparks creations. None were uncomfortable. The HUGE advantage of the HR-LTD and the VM-2 is that one can tuck the shirt in and the gun is gone. AND the kydex clips are beneath the belt out of sight, too.

I have seen others wearing other brands of tuckable holsters that have the fasteners attached to the belt and they stick out like a sore thumb if one is looking.

Alvin

·
Registered
674 Posts
Dang it!! Now I'm jonesing for another holster. Have a few questions for Tony K or any of you who own one now.

What are some of the specific features of the HR-LTD? I can make out a few things like no reinforced mouth, but more info would help.

Someone mentioned tuckable?

I have an SSII now, what will I gain/lose?

I practice/train like I carry. Is reholstering difficult with no reinforcement?

·
Registered
674 Posts
You know, sometimes I need to follow my own advice and use the flipping search function. :grumble:

I just found Tony's teaser thread which had pretty much all the answers.

We now rejoin our thread in progress.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Ordered mine

Well, I finally broke down and ordered mine. After lots of pain staking decision analysis, I ordered the HR-LTD in black. I didn't get the membrane since I have a stainless gun. I wasn't too sure of the purpose in that case. Tell me if I did wrong??

I like that picture. It looks good.

I got the kydex clips also. I think I will do the tucking quite a bit, unless my 1911 doesn't hide well like that. Does anyone tuck a full size 1911?

I think they said 12 weeks. I will need your support to make it through!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nathan,

Call them back and get the moisture barrier. Stainless steel is stainLESS not stainPROOF. I carry a full size 1911 everyday in an HR-LTD. Best holster on the market.

Alvin

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nathan said:
I think they said 12 weeks. I will need your support to make it through!
Me too! I have a VM-2 on order and I have no idea when 12 weeks is over :mummy:

I figured it would just show up and be a nice suprise. Fat chance, Tuesday night I was at an IDPA drill and the instructor was wearing a VM-2 and it reminded me that I had one on order. :bawling:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts