1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son came across a colt that was called Aniversary [1994] model.It has gold engraving on it and was supposed to be one of five.Does anyone have any info on this gun.I live a few hundred miles foom my son so I can't get a look at it.I'm leery of it because the sale price is 1000.00

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
One of my references lists a "WWII Golden Aniversary Victory Tribute" 1911", offered in 1994.
The description lists a lot of gold trim and plating. The reference says there were 500 made on special order and sold at that time for $1500. Current (as of 2007) value is listed as $1995. A call to Colt with the S/N might pin it down. There were lots of commoratives made over the year, many by Colt, and most, according to my references are worth substantially less than the original prices. Having the original box and associated paperwork substantially affect the market value--of any Colt.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
If enough units are ordered, Colt will make a commemorative edition to commemorate just about anything. Most have value only to the original purchaser.

If it isn't your anniversary, it's just another pistol:eek:

·
Administrator
74,042 Posts
Agreed, Colt has made so many commemorative 1911s over the years that for the most part few have any value above a plain vanilla Colt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts