1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay all,
i just spent the last hour trying relocate the info i found a week ago about a barrel that had a way of fitting it to the slide that involved a bushing or collar that tightens the fit inside the slide. is it something like an adjustable bull barrel? i don't recall the specs, but i do remember that this barrel was easily fitted into any slide with a few twists of the bushing/collar after it was in the slide. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

don,
i pm'd you with a thank you. just in case you get this first though i wanted to restate it. i checked the two links you had, but perhaps it was not your intent to lead me to those because i could not find the barrel i found last week. i will look around some more though. thanks again.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
duhhh

where is the newbie hat around here? you know, the one with the long point on the top:D ?

don, you were right as rain. did a search on "jarvis inc" then went to the barrel page and scrolled down....there it was :dope:

hopefully this wont happen very often. eating crow is not one of my favorite past times :)

take care.

·
Premium Member
8,485 Posts
I remember seeing that set up though I don't remember where. It is an adjustable collet bushing. Jarvis, I do believe, also makes a barrel where the barrel upper locking lug is ground small then sized flat spring steel collars are set on it until the proper fit is attained. Just FYI.

·
Premium Member
8,485 Posts
Found it!

That was a Jarvis Custom barrel. It is a bull barrel unit, drop in, standard or ramped configuration. Seems like just the ticket for a stock pin gun set up. Here is the link to the website.

Here is the web link to that particular page in the Jarvis site.

http://www.jarvis-custom.com/barrels.htm

Mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks and possible explanation on the steel bands?

mike,
thanks for the link! this is something i will be looking into. on the m1911.org site there was a statement regarding a special fitting device for the upper lugs where a tab is filed off. this sounds different from the bands you mentioned. so far i have read a lot about the fitting procedures of the lugs, hood, bushing, etc, so i have a book knowledge of the process, but i cannot picture the tabs john mentioned on the 1911.org site and the bands you mentioned don't ring a bell. any explanation would be sincerely appreciated. take care.

·
Premium Member
8,485 Posts
I sent a pm back to you about the link. I should have stated the link was to the page iwth the adjustable barrel bushing. My bad. I'll keep looking around for that other barrel also.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts