1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of picking up a case of the Speer Lawman 230grn FMJ just to blast at the range with. I can't find any of the Federal FMJ and this looks like a good alternative.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Works fine for me. I go back and forth between Speer Lawman and S&B depending on the price. I can usually find it for $10.00 per box here in Austin, TX. Burns pretty clean with low muzzle flash. Shoots to POA in my guns.

MadDog

·
Registered
207 Posts
Speer is good stuff, well known, and well made, their Gold Dot Hollow Points are widely used, and are considered one of the best. Can't go wrong with this stuff.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
A few days back, I had a friend who shoots 1911 competitively test fire my SA Loaded for accuracy. We used Winchester White Box, Lawman, and Blaser (all FMJ 230 grain). While watching, I noticed the Winchester had the least amount of flash and smoke, the Blaser next, and the Lawman third. Flashwise, the Lawman wasn't that much more than the Winchester, but smokewise, it billowed great clouds of soot. It also had a much harsher recoil. For me, I'm sticking with the Winchester.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts