1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the local gunshop yesterday and they were down to their last box of Winchester .45 FMJ. That's what I shoot 99% of the time so I snagged that box and then had a choice to make between Speer Lawman and Seller & Belloit. S&B was cheaper.

I took the Speer--I don't know why. Anyone have experience with these two and prefer one or the other. Which burns cleaner?

RJ

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Speer Lawman looks neater than S&B and probably shoots no cleaner from my own experience. Neither is terribly clean, but certainly not horrible and probably no worse than Winchester (assuming it was like the Winchester stuff I shot). S&B makes a good ammo, has a good reputation, and I have never had any problems with it in .45. I have probably shot only a 1000 rounds, however. I was through 6000 rounds of Blazer before I ever had a problem with it.

I have shot some 2000 Speer Lawman with no known problems related to ammo quality, at least not obvious problems.

Wilson Combat lists S&B as one of their preferred brands, but not Speer because Speer, like CCI Blazer, is not crimped and so can have feeding issues, supposedly. In close to 8000 rounds, I have had two that would out of spec and would not feed (Blazer). I don't know if crimping was the issue or not. Since it was practice ammo and awfully cheap, I didn't sweat it too much.

If S&B is cheaper, I would go with the S&B.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I find the S&B to be more Consistent, round to round than MANY other brands...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

!!!Molon Labe'!!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
I guess I've shot around 5000 rounds of S&B...You can't beat it for 7.99 a box...not a lot of flash...feeds reliably...not too hot...I'm sure there are cleaner burning powders out there but not for the price...

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think they're similar...

The lawman is only slightly more accurate IMO.

U know... good basic Chevroletts ...in a Cadillac world.

Stocky

------------------
Anyone who isn't a paranoid schizophrenic now-a-days, just isn't thinking clearly!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts