45 ACP SPEER LAWMAN 230GR. BRASS CASED NON-CORROSIVE BOXER PRIMED
SEALED CASE IS (1000) RDS.

500 rounds for $109
1000 rounds for $209 - shipping is included from ammoman.com

I've heard good things...anyone agree??

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Good and bad...try S&B or Fiocchi for the foreign...Federal for the USA...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

·
Registered
287 Posts
My department goes through over 10k rds of Speer Lawman just for bi-annual qualifications. We are issued the same for training on our own time. We use Speer Gold Dot on duty, so maybe that is why they go with the Lawman. I have no complaints, but then again I am not paying for it either.

shoot straight,
gf

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
For the Fiocchi, the "USA" on the box may indicate Fiocchi USA as the distributor. On the back and upper left should have "Made in ...." Mine say "Made in Hungary"

So, the USA is not a LIE, per se, certainly less so than saying a Chevy is "American Made" when you find out more than 1/2 the car is made in foregin countries.

Note, Fiocchi does not say "Made in the USA" but only has the red oval with "USA" in it. The USA bit may be misleading, however, for those who don't actually read the box in entirety.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I really like Speer Lawman ball .45 ammo. It has always had consistency for me, good accuracy, low muzzle flash and smoke. It's usually a little more expensive than S&B (which is good, but not as good) but when it's on sale, it's quite competitive. So, in this last sale, I bought a bunch!

I recommend it to you.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I think the "USA" on the front of Fiocchi box means, made for the American market. I also like Speer products. I like both lawman and Blazzers. Never had trouble with either. Sam

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thanks Double Naught Spy. Regarding Speer ammo, Blazer and Lawman, I like it. Speer products are accurate, clean burning and always go bang in my guns. The only thing is, you can buy S&B or Fiocchi, which is also good, for less money. Sam

·
Registered
105 Posts
Speer Lawman (all bullet types, I believe) are on Wilson Combat's "not recommended" ammo list. The Wilson rep on their new forum says it's because the rounds are not crimped and can push back into the case when feeding causing a malfunction. In fact, this very thing happened to me last week with a Speer Lawman 230 grain FMJ.

Anyone have any info on this?

TIA

·
Registered
73 Posts
Spy, according to my latest figures, going rates for 230gr FMJ Lawman are:

Per Box prices:
KY Imports = 10.99/box
Cheaper Than Dirt = 13.17/box
Natchez = 13.22/box
Ammo Bank = 14.89/box

Bulk prices:
AmmoMan = $109/500 incl. S&H
Natchez = $117.20/500 plus S&H

Got a spreadsheet I keep up with all this stuff on. E-mail me if you would like a copy. NOTE: It only contains calibers and ammo types that I shoot - that means no frangibles/exotics, no lead bullets, no reloads/remanufactured, etc.

·
Registered
234 Posts
My opinion on the Lawman ammo is it always seems to be a hotter load than some of the other 45 fmj I shoot. I don't have any chrono data to support this - just the difference in feel from lots of range time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts