1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much does the color of an OWB holster matter for CCW? If it's a darker color, than I suspect it'll show through a t-shirt unless a cover-up is worn. Therefore, would a lighter color holster be in order?

Has this ever concerned anyone?

·
Administrator
18,581 Posts
My experience is that you could carry a hot pink bazook and plenty of ammo under a t-shirt and no one notices...people in general just don't look for things like that.

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
Just pick a dark shirt. Also, carrying with only a t-shirt as a covering garment is best facilitated with an IWB holster.

Rosco

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I like to go with colored t-shirts or shirts of a slightly thicker fabric where the fabric is opaque no matter what color it is. I sometimes wear a sleevless white cotton buttondown shirt as a concealment vest and the fabric is such that you can't see through it even though it is white and I have a black gun.

Another thing to consider is to get a shirt with a busy patterned design on it. Patterns break up printing and printing shadows.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Like McVay said....most people don't notice a thing. They simply don't look at you very closely.

I like scrub tops, they are super comfortable and conceal very well. Available at walmart and K-Mart for about 6 bucks each. Get em nice and big.

------------------
I guess if we do that.....maybe we all earn the right to go home.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Summer time calls for my Galco SOB. It is black, but no one has called my attention to it, except one police officer at a State Park. He asked if I was armed, but I replied to the negative. He then stated that he had noticed a bulge in the middle of my back as I had bent over. I raised my T shirt only to reveal an empty holster. (firearms are not permitted in State Parks). Asking where the firearm was resulted in my telling him that it was in my truck locked up. This satisfied the officer, and he went on his way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts