1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have this system in both my TRP and my Super Tac and have had no malfunctions yet. I love the system and it makes the gun feel like a smooth roll of the wrist and the fact I can run a lighter recoil spring from 18lb to 16lb for tight Baers and from 16 to 14 on production pistols limits the muzzle drop.

I have asked the lady at Les Baer and they dont know about this system and she said Les hates all these type things as well as buffs even though he puts them on some pistols.

I am going to be getting my Custom Carry in the next 4-16 weeks and plan to run another sprinco but this is for a carry gun. The guy at Sprinco said he trusts his lofe with it and its in his CCW but I expected that answer.

I guess I would like to know what you guys think about this system since I only really care about its wear reducing abilities not the recoil. That secondary spring really is stiff and it makes perfect sense how it combined with a lighter spring reduce wear to the over all pistol.

In the past you would just run a stiffer spring but then just beat the front of the frame up but now its best of both worlds.

I suppose since I have 2 of them and they work great I dont know why I am asking for input but I like to see what others think about this. I am sure I will choose to run it in my Custom Carry after its broken in anyway but lets here your thoughts.

I also plan on buying some of their recoil springs as well since I hear how well they last and to this date I have not had to change out a spring so I will have to get some new ones for prevenative maintenance. I doubt I have even 5k rounds through either of my 2 guns. Sprinco really seems to make some killer stuff and I love a company that will back it up with life time warranties. I talked to him about the speak of failures with the earlier systems and he said it was the first batch he did and the loctite holding the system together didnt hold up to all the solvents and heat from a gun. Now they are done right and he hasnt had any more come back but said if there was any issue he sends out a new one for free.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I can't speak to how durable they are as I have run mine side to side with a pistol that doesn't have one. I just didn't like the torque or "roll of the wrist" as you put it. I do think it worked, but in the end for a competition or self defense pistol simple is best.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good points but I think it is pretty simple so long as it stays together which it has.

I should remove it and try a few mags with the orginal guide rod but I remember the difference was huge. I have guys who shoot my guns go crazy over the feel but then again they havent shot a Les Baer ever, lol.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought one a few years ago for my 6" PII My intent was to use this with .45 Super loads. To be honest I have not used it that often. If the old .45 super reloading data was still here I would be giving that Sprinco a work out. As it is now I have less than a full box of Triton ammo. Not enough for any useful test results. I like the theory behind the dual spring and feel if Colt used the Sprinco design in the Delta they would have had more success than their spring inside a spring set-up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts