1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO EVERYONE

DOES ANYONE HERE OWN ANY XD MODELS? IF SO HOW ARE THEY A FAR AS SHOOTING AND CLEANING.... WOULD YOU
RECOMEND ONE TO SOMEONE ELSE? THANKS AHEAD OF TIME FOR THE INFO...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree with kotonk. I've got the XD40 service model and I'd recommend it to everyone. Great shooting handgun! That is also a good site to go to for all the info on the XD. When the compact XD 40 comes out, I'll be the first one at the gun shop to get one for Concealed Carry.

·
Registered
222 Posts
DOES ANYONE HERE OWN ANY XD MODELS? IF SO HOW ARE THEY A FAR AS SHOOTING AND CLEANING...
i have two of them and they're great!
I got the older one to clean itself, working on the other now...

no but really, great guns.

Two Thumbs Up!

·
Registered
257 Posts
They are great pistols, Ive got the 4 inch service model in 357sig. Very accurate easy as hell to take down and clean. Very easy to work on if you have to. Its my daily carry gun. I recomend them highly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
great gun

While I am new to this forum and spend most of my time lurking to soak up knowledge, I feel very confident on this subject. I have the HS2000 which Springfield later dubbed the XD. It is a great pistol. Eats anything, is accurate for a combat weapon, has the ergonomics of the Browning HiPower. Do check out the HS2000 website for more information. Some owners do complain about the finish being more succeptible to rust than others. Personally, I think everyone compares the XD finish to Glock's Tennifer, and unfortunately there is no comparison, the Glock's finish is better. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
as reliable as a Glock

I have one in a 9mm and it's fantastic. It shoots first time everytime just like all my Glocks. I would carry it in the field anytime if I had to with no worries at all.

rimfire,22

·
Registered
507 Posts
I first bought a 3rd generation HS2000 (a pre-XD9). I liked it so well that I also bought an XD40. I liked that one so well, I invested $200 more and bought a Bar-Sto barrel in .357SIG for it. Great guns IMO. ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Picked up my new XD-9 sub compact last Monday. 250 rounds through it so far, and I love it. Ergonomics are great, it's more accurate than I am, and it's an absolute piece of cake to strip and clean. I know many here will consider this blasphemy, but I like it better than my 1911. It seems to combine the best features of a 1911, Glock and Sig.

Oh, mine came with the tac light. Absolutely perfect. Brighter than hell, easy to manipulate, inexpensive battery.

·
Registered
529 Posts
From what I've seen from various message boards here and there, the XD series pistols seem to have a following like the Saturn cars. Everybody that has them seems to like them, and while there are a few issues, not many people ever regret the purchase. Biggest complaint I've seen regarding the XD is that its finish (for the non-stainless models) isn't as durable as that of the Glock.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'm very fond of my 10 Glocks. I bought my first one in 1986. It was a Glock 19 and I still have it. As I said in my post, above, I have two XDs. I find that I shoot both XDs much more accurately than my Glocks and, in my hands, the XDs are much more comfortable. I am able to obtain similar size groups with my XDs as I do with my new high dollar HK P7M8 (which says a lot).

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I prefer the grip angle over the Glock. Reasonably accurate. Extremely reliable. Very well priced. Good guns at bargain prices.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I'm having quite a fancy towards the new XD Sub-compacts. Those are cool lookin'!

I held a XD-9 SC and a Glock 26, the glock 26's grip was too short so only 2 fingers were holding onto the grip! (middle and ring finger)

The XD-9 SC at least allowed all my fingers to be placed in the grip.

But... I'm gonna wait for the XD-40 SC to come out. :D

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
XD9 SUB, will be my next new firearm. I always check out forums with questions about the XD, because of my first statement...Sounds like everyone who has one loves it, but it seems like a lot of people at Glocktalk, don't like it......Seems to be more of a "Fear" complex then anything else. I own a Glock 19 and have owned a 23......I still like the XD better.
Regards SonnyD

·
Registered
671 Posts
I got an XD9 but I can't tell you anything about it yet. I haven't been to the range yet. But a lot of people swear by it and there's only one who was not satisfied because of loose front sight. He posted here and at HS2000 forum.

vega

·
Registered
24 Posts
SA XD-40

I got one about a year ago and I love it. I own many handguns including GLocks and HK and Walther and the XD compares equal to them in most areas. My only complaint about the XD is the finish isnt as nice as a Glock (thats not saying much) or an HK. Its perfect for what it is though, a combat handgun. I really bought it because I am a lefty and the XD goes both ways. The mags are not hard to find and not unreasonable at all. It is a very accurate pistol and I carry it often for my conceal carry piece when I want a change from my Glock 26. The loaded chamber indicator is really nice and works great in the dark, same for the the little nub that sticks out telling you its cocked. Great pistol for a good price. I was planning on getting a sub-compact to go along with my 4" but I couldnt find one and went with a Glock 26 instead, I have no patience.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I fondled the XD9 today.. the subcompact and it will definately grace my collection after I buy an M1A. Very nice looking easy to take apart, but i have no experience with shooting it. I don't carry so that is also something I have no input on.

Overall my impressions of it are good just from handleing and and doing a quick dissassembly...

·
Registered
671 Posts
Took my XD9 to the range today and shot 200 rds. Only one hiccup and that was the ammo. Really accurate if you'll do your part. The 40 cal mags needs some adjusting as it was pushing the slide stop with 1 more round in it. The promag works well too.

I am used with the Glock reset so it'll take a little time to adjust to it.

vega

·
Registered
59 Posts
mr smith said:
HELLO EVERYONE

DOES ANYONE HERE OWN ANY XD MODELS? IF SO HOW ARE THEY A FAR AS SHOOTING AND CLEANING.... WOULD YOU
RECOMEND ONE TO SOMEONE ELSE? THANKS AHEAD OF TIME FOR THE INFO...
I have a bi-tone XD9 service model. It's a great shooter, and no more difficult to clean than any other modern gun. It's actually a bit easier than my 1911's. Heck yeah, I'd recommend one!

·
Registered
173 Posts
These are up & comming pistols,i have shot several and we have been doing R&D on them for a while and have came up with some cool services for them
*competition trigger job (2lbs with adj overtravle stop)
*low mounted bo-mar rear sight
*EDM slide lighting
*low mount docter & j/p optics
*fitted barsto match barrels

1 - 20 of 24 Posts