1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do people use to hold their various sized recoil springs?
I'm looking for a pouch of some type that I can readily ID each and not get them mixed up or confused. Presently I have each still in their orginal plactic baggie and banded together in my toolbox.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I am not trying to make fun of you, Tator, but that is a new one on me. The idea of carrying around a bunch of recoil springs seems like a golfer with a club in his bag for every occasion. I guess I am just not up with the times.

Jim

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I've actually seen something like this (segmented plastic pouch), can't recall where.

I just keep spare springs in their original packaging, rubber-banded, sorted by gun, in parts bins in my work area.
It's not like you need to carry that many with you at a time, is it, unless maybe you're an itinerant traveling gunsmith?

Best.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Pouch

Wilson has one that comes with springs but is small. I use the old plastic packages that punch & chisel sets or even wrench sets come in from the manufacturers.

The are segmented, plastic, clear, markable, assorted sized sleeves and can be rolled up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh good idea....I didn't even think of that. I guess I go to Pawn shop to look for the drop forged aluminum tools and pouch for $4.99 :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts