1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kinda new here so help me out...
I am a IDPA shooter and am Happy with my Kimber CDP 45acp. My wife wants to start shooting and I am looking at the Springfield 1911 9mm . Has anyone had problems, are they reliable???

[This message has been edited by sparky (edited 09-30-2001).]

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have one and it hsan't missed a beat in about 1500 rounds. I use Pachmyer mags they work the best. I would use Wilsons but they don't make them in 9mm.

Hope that this helps,

Mike

------------------
Be safe and have fun,

Mike

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
I have one also. Zero problems so far. I have about 2,000 rds through it. You can use CMC 38 Super mags. if you need 10 rds. I load mine out to 1.165" OAL. I would load longer but the throat is a little short. I tried some normal length rounds, 1.135", that fed also.

·
Registered
441 Posts
My only gripe about this pistol is that I should have bought one years ago. What a great shooter!
I've only had mine for about seven weeks and have fired around 500 rounds with no gun related problems. I use MecGar magazines. These came with the gun and I ordered several extras. They work fine.
I also use MecGar mags in my HiPower without a problem.

------------------
Neil
"I AM my brothers keeper"

[This message has been edited by Neil Casper (edited 10-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Neil Casper (edited 10-02-2001).]

·
Registered
201 Posts
A good friend has one that has been a boat load of problems. The firing pin strikes off center and will not fire S&B or any other "hard primered" round. He had jamming problems for the first 1500 rounds. (That seems to have cleared up.) He recently had the front sight pin break. After some ribbing from a few friends he finally sent the gun back to Springfield. I'm waiting to see how it comes back before I order one. It's a great shooter when it's running but he must have got the lemmon.

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
The first thing to get rid of is the silly lock followed by the titanium firing pin and it's heavy spring. Install a "normal" FP and spring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts