1911Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my local small gunshop order a Springfield 2001 model 1911A1 loaded with parkerized finish and nitesights.

The gun is good Except I can not believe how loose the slide to frame fit is. I have a 70 series and a 80 series Colt, a Kimber classic, and a Les Baer custom carry that are ALL way tighter.

I mean its bad fellas. You can move the slide sideays and up and down with your hand and see gaps!! If you shake it it rattles like a Maraka!

I will be very suprised if this thing groups well with the slide chattering and hopping down those loose rails.

Do you think Springfield will do anything for me? I am so bummed out. I heard so many good things about current production Springfields.

James

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
I think a tight slide to frame fit is way overated. I have a couple handguns with loose slides and really group as well as alot of guns with tight slide to frame fit.Plus you may have less jams with a looser slide.Well those are my thoughts,Take out your SA and check out how good it groups and functions.

------------------
Have fun & Shoot Strait

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
After you put about a 1000 through it, let us know what it's doin' then...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Sadsack,
Slide to frame fit has very little to do with accuracy. The barrel bushing is much more important than the slide/frame fit. I bet when you shoot it you'll be pleasantly surprized. Also, loose guns are significantly more reliable than tight ones. On the average anyway. Even tight new guns will loosen up and thats when you get a nice reliable gun. If you have a problem, you have that lifetime warrently to fall back on. I'm sure they would do right by you.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I agree with mustang , unless you are shooting an open gun with the red dot sight mounted on the frame, slide to frame is not very critical.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If your not happy with it call them.All that matters is what you think!.I have a new loaded SA and it does not rattle. 300 rounds through it. Fun Gun! WB

------------------
Bradford

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sadsack...send it back if you're not happy...Lifetime Warrantee.

·
Registered
152 Posts
sadsack,
Welcome to the forum. You are newly registered and this is your first post.

Please give us a report on how your new Springfield shoots and let us know whether the problems are resolved. I'm sure the forum members will be glad to give further advice if you need it.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
I think I would agree that you should try it and see what the results are. Of course everyone compares their 1911s to one another. Nothing wrong with that, sounds like the warrantee will cover you if your unsatisfied.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts