1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here guys and gals. I've owned a Springfield (mil. spec .45) several years ago and it was a fair shooter. I have been looking at a 9mm (stainless loaded) and am impressed. Do any of you here own one of these or have any experience with one. Price is $640 with adj. sights. Thanks in advance for any help. Shoot Safe....CO

------------------
"I won't be wronged, I
won't be Insulted, and I
won't be laid a had on. I
don't do these things to
other people and I
require the same from
them." From the movie
"The Shootist."

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
A good friend of mine bought one earlier this year and the gun is absolutely reliable. The machine work on the inside is not the best I've ever seen and it needed some deburring, but the gun shoots great.
The trigger is HEAVY and I think he has a trigger job in mind for the near future.

All in all, it is a good gun for the money.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I bought one four weeks ago with the Novak sights.
I love it. I've fired about 300 rounds through it and only had one failure to feed which was probably due to using brass picked up off the range. With good brass I've had no problems.
The pistol is very accurate, has a very nice trigger out of the box, looks very nice with no cosmetic flaws.
BUT- Springfield still needs to eliminate the sharp edges on the slide serrations.
I'm impressed with this deal. I feel I definitely got my moneys worth.

------------------
Neil
"I AM my brothers keeper"

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought one a few months back. It is a very nice piece, but it did come with extrememely sharp edges. I had a gunsmith dehorn it a little and that helped. I'll probably have a little more done. It shoots pretty good, but I don't get to shoot it near as much as my 12 yr old son (-:

Frank

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have only seen these 9 mm Springfields with the Novak low mount sights. Can you get the 9 mm with adjustable sights, or have the original sights been replaced with adjustable ones?

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
I have put several thousand rounds through one and am pleased so far. I shoot it in USPSA Limited 10 and IDPA ESP. As far as 1911s go it is second only to my .40 Kimber.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts