1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.springfield-armory.com/s...&category_id=df3587510ccc6d228824e59acc1fc077

Anyone has one on their guns? Are they good, bad? Should I get them or buy instead the MMC or Novak's adjustables?

My SA shoots point of aim at 25yds. Actually it shoots +/- an inch low at 25yds depending on ammo, but since it is just an inch I really don't care. Besides it's my CCW and in the near future my game gun.

I got tired of shooting at the 25yds line. I've been trying to hit 6" and 8" steel plates at 50 yds with great difficulty. I want to use the 6 o'clock sigth picture.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I put some on my SA, they were a great addition and didn't cost too much. Installed myself, not too difficult, just be careful.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Automatic said:
I put some on my SA, they were a great addition and didn't cost too much. Installed myself, not too difficult, just be careful.
Just got a couple of questions.

1. How long have them?
2. Do they hold zero? Or you need to re-tight the screws after a while?
3. Any sharp edges?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have had them on my gun for awhile now.
No way as well built as the Bomars I have on my other guns, but still nice
The screws are all clicked type so there was no loosening that I noticed.
No sharp edges, though you may want to look at another type of sight like the novak adjustable for carry use.

Michael, M-PI

Attachments

·
Registered
893 Posts
No sharp edges, though you may want to look at another type of sight like the novak adjustable for carry use.
Novaks adjustable is a nice looking sight.

However...

It does require additional machining to a standard Novak dovetail on a Springfield, this has to do with clearance for the pivot bar.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Mine have been on the pistol for about a year and a half. They are still in the same position they were when I first set them up, no drift. As to sherp, have not noticed any particular problem, but I only use it in IDPA, not daily carry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts