1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved an email from SA saying basiclly that they plan to start listening to customers stating what type
of new guns they'd like to see brought out.
Every manufacturer out there right now has more 45's & 9mm's than you can shake a stiick at & I myself
have a bobtail 45 commander & a SA EMP 4" Ronin & I do like them both.
Now, if SA isn't "selling Wolf Tickets" then it's time to upset the apple cart & bring us a 38Super Commander;
now not to sound like a troll, let's don't sing that old sad song about ammo availability; I live just northwest of
Houston,Texas & I've got 3 places within 10 miles of me that have plenty of 38Super ammo .

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Good, scream to them FIX THE SA35!!

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,983 Posts
It's pretty obvious that every manufacturer would rather have 5% of the .45/9mm market, than 100% of the 9x23 market, so asking what people want is unlikely to result in anything but more .45s and 9s, probably in a rainbow of different colors.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
There is plenty of room in the market for a 2011 priced at $1500.00.

The question is would it be worth the $1000 dollar savings to gamble on SAI ability to not
mess up a 2011 compared to Staccato?
Just about anything they could screw up, I could fix. So YES. Hell, I'd buy a Rock Island A2 and be (read: tweak it until I was) happy but those are darn near unobtainium at the moment. I've seen a few here & there, but none in the MS (commander) configuration. If I ever spot one of those in Commander size with a rail I'm all in.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
SA have enough of each popular flavor of 1911 (45 & 9), HP, bolt gun, AR, bullpup, and old warrior M1A. Maybe back to double stack 1911/2011 market? I don't care for that as I have tiny hand.

If they truly want to listen, bring back The Custom Shop the way it should be ran like decade ago. No more just cookie cutter semi-custom.

·
Registered
1911s and AR-15. I like building and tinkering.
367 Posts
I don't care about anything new, Just make what they offer now available and reliable..............Once they get that done then let's talk about new products.
I agree with this.

I'm to the point where I no longer get excited about new guns. We've got so many guns out there, different types, sizes, features, etc..
that it's nearly impossible not to find what you're looking for.

A budget, compact 2011 is practically the only thing that'd get my blood pumping right now. I'd love to see one in officer size.

·
Registered
9mm,45acp,400cb,30-06 - small primers forever.
2,327 Posts
They could actually get away with a GI/fixed-sight "pick a caliber", if the CS offered all the other silly-assed "features" - instead of 15 different "models".

AND, nowadays I'd prefer to get an affordable M1 carbine <shrug> Perhaps offered in several calibers, (as many promised for decades)

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
lol .... Open SACS back up to customers guns . So they can make the mods they want .

·
Registered
112 Posts
I recieved an email from SA saying basiclly that they plan to start listening to customers stating what type
of new guns they'd like to see brought out.
Every manufacturer out there right now has more 45's & 9mm's than you can shake a stiick at & I myself
have a bobtail 45 commander & a SA EMP 4" Ronin & I do like them both.
Now, if SA isn't "selling Wolf Tickets" then it's time to upset the apple cart & bring us a 38Super Commander;
now not to sound like a troll, let's don't sing that old sad song about ammo availability; I live just northwest of
Houston,Texas & I've got 3 places within 10 miles of me that have plenty of 38Super ammo .
Live in BCS and cannot find .38 Super here. Wonder if you would entertain telling me where you are find .38 Super ammo and brands & bullets types. Will start reloading it soon, but want some commercial SD ammo.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts