1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently aquired this brand new gun in a raffle, a SA Loaded Parkerised with full length guide rod, night sights, beavertail, etc. This seems to be a great first time 1911. It feels great and is obviously from a great company.

This gun will remain a defensive / carry pistol and will never leave my family.

This is a memorial gun to a man named Michael Stevens and will be engraved with an appropriate phrase somewhere on the gun once I consult his widow. Any suggestions as to the location of the engraving?

What, if any, improvements can you reccomend?

Also, what mags of 8 to 10 rds do the Springfields prefer?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
What, if any, improvements can you reccomend?

Also, what mags of 8 to 10 rds do the Springfields prefer?
Shoot it and know it before making any "improvements".

Like all 1911's, it probably prefers quality mags built to spec. Like many 1911's (of any make), it may have a preference for one brand over another- depends on the specific gun and mag. I shoot the 2 Springfield 7-rounders that came with mine, 2 Chip McCormick 8-round Shooting Stars, and 1 McCormick 8-round PowerMag.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Welcome!

This would be a great post in the Springfield sub-forum.

The SA Loaded is a great pistol. Keep the guide rod screwed in tight or swap it out for the GI system, that's what I did. They tend to "shoot loose".

If you start to carry the SA you may notice, as a lot of us have, is that the ambi safety isn't all that great for right handed folks. They get knocked to the off position through out the day.

I use Wilson 8rd 47Ds in my SA TRP, but I just started using 8 rd KimPro Tac-Mags and these are really great mags at a steal of a price $17.95 on sale now.

http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/KimPro Tac-Mag full.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts