1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my technical difficulties in posting pictures I'll have to keep this short and sweet. Had a late change and I'll be cutting balls on the front and we are swapping guide rod systems and running a closed plug. Test fire tomorrow morning. Some things done and parts:

Welded frame rails and refit

Welded barrel hood and lower lugs

Target Crown barrel

Undercut trigger guard and hand stippling.

Chen Maxbevel with stippling

EGW .220 GS

Harrison long trigger, TR fire control, slide stop and thumb safety

EGW extractor

Novak front and rear sights cut

Harrison U notch rear night sight

Before pics

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
924 Posts
That's going to be a nice pistol. I'm reluctant to try a similar project because of the necessary front strap treatment.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Going to hand or machine checker? Or maybe stipple? Lol
I'm afraid to tackle any! I don't have the fixturing to machine checker and may hands/fingers would give out for hand checkering. o_O

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As usual, pretty sweet stuff my friend! Can't wait to see the final product. What'll the finish be?
Thanks buddy! It'll be parkerized then sprayed in armor black cerakote. Should look very handsome.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welp. That's all she wrote. Extremely happy with how it came out. Apologies on the delay. I sometimes forget to ensure I've cross posted. It was done in December and in talking to the owner I think we were both deathly afraid of the mail service during these holidays. Lol. She landed safely at home today!

·
Registered
317 Posts
That looks great. Not overdone, but a personalized custom. I'm lovin' the stippling on the front strap and MSH and the finish. I betcha the owner is giddy. Great job!

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
That is one smooth custom! Awesome work. Did you do the welding or out source it? The gaps on the slide rear face are sweet!
Joe

1 - 20 of 23 Posts