1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
78,045 Posts
Probably not much they can do if all the other plunger tubes in their bins are the same way.

A few years ago I had one of those 1911-A1 clones made by CZ-USA. A very nice and well-built pistol... aside from a bad thumb safety that allowed sear movement if you pulled the trigger. I sent it back to them, expecting them to replace the thumb safety. Nope, all they did was peen the contact surface and send it back to me. I contacted them again and raised hell, but they simply blew me off after telling me they didn't have any spare thumb safeties on hand (it was a limited-run pistol). After a few weeks the peening job they did worked itself down and the issue returned. I eventually replaced the thumb safety myself and decided not to ever trust CZ's customer service again.

Of course, now they own Colt.

·
Administrator
78,045 Posts
I have only had to send a firearm back to Colt, Ed Brown and CMMG. CMMG customer service was horrible. Colt was the best, but that was almost two years ago. You would think service after the sale would be a higher priority, since it’s guns we’re talking about (which can injure people).
So far the best customer service I've experienced has been with SIG, Uberti and SCCY. All three fixed my guns better than new and the turnaround time was excellent to fair. Taurus and CZ were the worst, especially Taurus which took four months to return two guns after replacing extractor springs worth maybe a buck each. My one time dealing with Colt was superb, but that was back when Brent Turchi was there and who made it his personal mission to compensate for all of Colt's other ills (and they rewarded him by laying him off).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts