1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Springfield Armory 45acp 1911 Defender PDP Limited Edition. Can't find any information on the value of it. Where can I look to see what this is worth

·
Premium Member
5,727 Posts
you can do a search in the community bar using " Springfield Armory 45acp 1911 Defender PDP Limited Edition "
I found this

Their is more keep looking good luck

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
1990s SA Defender PDP pistols were not custom shop made. Unfortunately, the comp gun was long out of favor and you won't see many people discuss about them. I don't know the value. Only thing I can offer is the old 1995 catalog info.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I love seeing the old catalogs and ads.
In this one and the old Wilson catalogs, the high end models got Pachmeyer grips.
That was the hot ticket back then.
If you had a 1911 and had set of Pachmeyers on them, you were top shelf.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I love seeing the old catalogs and ads.
In this one and the old Wilson catalogs, the high end models got Pachmeyer grips.
That was the hot ticket back then.
If you had a 1911 and had set of Pachmeyers on them, you were top shelf.
Pachmayr grip is one of my favorite and still around after all these years. Nowadays, G10 grips dominate the market and killed some of the well-known wood grip makers (Herrett and Ahrends) that make excellent functional and reasonably priced grips. Now most of the wood grips are fancy/glossy & high-priced accessories that sell more than $100. Wish Pachmayr continue and thrive for years to come.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Pachmayr are still being made, put a set on a gun about a year ago.
But for some reason on their rubber and their G10 grip the emblems fall off after 2 mags at the range.
So I suggest if you buy a new set, pry off the emblems and reattach them with JB Weld two part epoxy.
JB makes a clear version that comes in a Syringe.
I think the factory is just sticking them on with crazy glue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's it worth to you?
5k or best offer
1990s SA Defender PDP pistols were not custom shop made. Unfortunately, the comp gun was long out of favor and you won't see many people discuss about them. I don't know the value. Only thing I can offer is the old 1995 catalog info.
View attachment 598769
View attachment 598773 View attachment 598775
Thanks for the information. I called Springfield Armory on mine and it shows going to the custom shop and nothing from there. Mine has had some stuff done to it maybe not all have went through the custom shop but the one I bought did.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
5k or best offer

Thanks for the information. I called Springfield Armory on mine and it shows going to the custom shop and nothing from there. Mine has had some stuff done to it maybe not all have went through the custom shop but the one I bought did.
Customers used to be able to send a 1911 to custom shop for mods after buying one. If you were to buy my Mil Spec and call SA with serial # they would tell you it's been thru custom shop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts