1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

i've read here that overall springfield treats those who own their firearms well.

i must agree. i recently purchased an "as new in box, unfired" PX9109L. it arrived yesterday.

after going over everything i noted there was no warranty card or "loaded" coupon. i contacted the seller. he said he who won it in a drawing at a fund raiser.

somewhere between the dealer who donated it and those who handled it before the seller won the drawing, both the warranty card and the coupon vanished.

the seller, a fine fellow by the way, said he would contact springfield and tell them of the small problem. they told him, "no problem" and are mailing him the warranty card and the coupon which he will in turn send to me. the package will then be complete.

bravo, springfield arms!

mike

·
Registered
759 Posts
...better than some people's experiences, but what the hey, it could be Kimber!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
759 Posts
jlmurphy said:
I have the same model and have no complaints, by the way, S.A. service dept. is fantastic.
...if one considers the below picture to be proof of "fantastic" - so far I'm one for two - great service on my Champion - strange doings with regard to my Operator.:scratch:

Attachments

·
Registered
759 Posts

·
Banned
922 Posts
Kimber Dude said:
...this thread should answer your questions - though I don't know what the answers would have to do with what you see in that picture!!??!!
:scratch:

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=129134
Thanks for the link, it explains a lot. The reason I asked what sight you asked them to install is pretty obvious. If you asked them to install a new sight that didn't properly fit the existing slide cuts then you could have the situation shown in your photos. The other thread makes it obvious that you did not ask for a different sight. Like others have suggested, you need a new, lower front sight, presuming, of course, that the barrel and bushing are fitted properly.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Customer service is about attitude with me. I can accept a mistake occassionally, but I hate poor attitude in regard to customers. SA has been great with me so far. Although I haven't had a great deal of need from them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts