1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the hole in the wall gun store today. They had a used, Springfield 1911-A1, not sure the model, with a double stack magizine. Just thought I would put it out there and hear your thoughts on it. It was $499.99 :)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Yes, I have the GI version one. The one I have is the PW9701LP, try this link out:

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=11

The older ones had a forged frame and now they have a cast frame. The older ones were prone to stress fracturing in the frames. With the lifetime warranty you cannot go wrong.

Mine is on the bottom row, its the 7th gun from the left or to the left of the Glock 21.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I have only held one in my hand before, it didn't fit well in my hand. That was about 2 months ago and i think it was selling for 599 new. It was the G.I model, the only double stack i think SA produces. I would offer $425-450 only if it's excellent condition. Does the gun shop know the round count on the gun? How worn is the slide and other parts etc..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I did't. Not enough funds and it didn't feel that comfortable. I like the feel of the single stack.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have only held one in my hand before, it didn't fit well in my hand. That was about 2 months ago and i think it was selling for 599 new. It was the G.I model, the only double stack i think SA produces. I would offer $425-450 only if it's excellent condition. Does the gun shop know the round count on the gun? How worn is the slide and other parts etc..
It was in very good condition, 12 I believe was the round count. It was very tight yet and no damage to the finish.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The one I have uses Para P14 mags, which offer 13+1 capacity. I can say it feels better than my Glock 21 in my hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts