1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have discovered this gun, for the last few months I have been actively searching for one both in my area and on the internet. Everytime I find one on the internet, it is immediately sold by the time I call. A few times, I missed purchasing one by trying to drive up 2 hours to a gun shop in another city and they told me they just sold it before I got there. I see a lot of the EMP's available in the .40S&W both here in my area gun shops and on the internet. Well by God's blessing yesterday I just happened to come up to a local gun shop that is pretty popular and has a range, and found a EMP 9mm brand spankin new !!! Problem was that they were asking $1350 for it. :eek: Well after asking to look at it for about 15 minutes, I told the manager that most of the places I have seen selling the EMP in our area are asking $1100 for it. He looked at his computer and said that since this has been sitting in the showcase for a little while, he would sell it to me for $1100, I told him I would put it on layaway !!! So in a few days I will get it out of layaway and have my EMP 9mm !!!! Also checking the serial number it is in the 7000's so I am guessing I should be good as I have read or heard the problems people were having with their EMP 9mm's were any serial number 4000 and below. Anyways just wanted to share my story. Thanks for listening. God Bless :)

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Nice!
I've had mine for almost a year now. great little carry gun.

I always ask the dealers i go to if they can do any better on price. when i bought my EMP, they had it listed for $1149. told the sales guy that i was going to pass because another shop had it for $1049. He said he could sell it for that, so i bought it. :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
There's few things better than finding a hard to find item that you really want. I was searching for a Colt 1911 9mm and found something better... an "unloaded" stainless mil-spec Springfield 1911 9mm. I'm sure the EMP is a great gun, I was considering one, but I prefer the "old school" look of the mil-spec so I was resisting an EMP or loaded Springer. Worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Great deal! It's not surprising that shop are owners are willing to make deals again, since the obama scare is over and sales are slowing for them. That gun will not disappoint. Another bonus is that comes with 3 mags. Enjoy!

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
i might go grab an EMP in 40cal tomorrow. they're only asking $1,039 for it, plus i'm thinking i can get them to knock off a few bucks off that (maybe lol)

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
i was at the gunshop yesterday, ready to purchase the EMP 40cal, but i chickened out at the last moment lol

they're asking $1,039 + tax, that's the cheapest i've seen one, is that a good price?

there was just a tiny bit of play in the slide to frame fit too. i really had to apply some pressure to even notice it, is that something to be concerned about?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Saw one yesterday (green mountain guns) about 1140. But it was the .40 with g10 grips.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm really wanting an EMP .40 w/ G-10 grips, but not being able to shoot one makes me a bit worried. How's the recoil on the .40 version? I have a .45 TRP that I'd like to get a little brother for.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I'm really wanting an EMP .40 w/ G-10 grips, but not being able to shoot one makes me a bit worried. How's the recoil on the .40 version? I have a .45 TRP that I'd like to get a little brother for.
Not bad at all. I put some grip tape on the front strap (all my other guns are checkered) because it seemed a bit squirly, but after that and a minor extractor tweek, runs and shoots great. G-10 grips are way agressive, but I like the "bite" under my fingers on the front strap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Crimson Trace grip available?

I did a search but didnt see this mentioned.

Does CT make a laser grip for the 9mm EMP?

I have one for my M&P but dont know how it works for a gun that has a grip safety.

·
Premium Member
2,366 Posts
I checked Crimson Trace and they do not yet have a model for the EMP. Once they do, it will be similar to the standard 1911 grips and will not extend around the backstrap like your M&P model does.

Any interested EMP owners should go to their website and make a new model request. Once they get enough interest they will probably add a model for the EMP since they just need to scale down the 1911 grips.

Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks. I dont have an EMP but am considering buying. A CT laser is one consideration.

·
Premium Member
2,366 Posts
Thanks. I dont have an EMP but am considering buying. A CT laser is one consideration.
Go to CT and make the new model request anyway. You can even sign up for the monthly drawing for a FREE set of CT Laser Grips.

Bill

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been looking for a 9mm EMP and have only found 40's locally (DFW). As usual, it took too long to find one and something else (GI.45) caught my attention And my funds!! I would still like to pick up an EMP in 9mm, it is just going to be a while now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just picked my EMP 9mm up a few days ago and was going to go to the range today but the weather stopped me from going.:bawling:

Here's a pick of my new baby

1 - 20 of 22 Posts