1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw an ad for the Springfield Government Model in Shotgun news.. Novak sights, beavertail safety.. gotta have one.. If I can get it in stainless..??.. Do the make it in stainless?? Anyone seen one??

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think the SA 1911 5" stainless might be what you're looking for. Called the "Loaded".

I'm sure some of the other owners will be giving you tips and where to get a good price.

Stoney

------------------
"walk softly and carry a big caliber"

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm.. This ad refered to it as the "Government Model". Eitherway the price was right, about 540 to the dealer. A decked out 1911 for under 600 to the dealer is hard to come by.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Patrick,

I think it's a fine choice. Comes with enhancements that would have to be added on others. I think Gov Mod refers to full size.

Got mine for $550 and had the dealer send it back to the factory for Tritiums for an extra $50.

I only have a couple hundred rounds through it, but no hiccups of any kind so far.

Stoney

------------------

·
Registered
139 Posts
Stoney, When you sent it back to the Factory for night sights did you do that through the FFL you bought it from. Fifty dollars seems really reasonable. Do they install them in your existing Novak sights or do they put on new sights.

·
Registered
165 Posts
TL,

I had my dealer send it back to SA before I took delivery. Kind of like a lay-a-way status because I had a deposit on it.

It all happened because my dealer was willing to call SA for me and get a price quote. Couldn't pass it up for $50. Turnaround was less than two weeks.

I was told that my original sights were drilled and inserts installed. In that manner, resighting was not required.

This all happened just after the SS Loaded was introduced by SA.

Stoney

------------------

·
Registered
451 Posts
Patrick, they make it in SS, Blue and Parkerized. If it is indeed the Loaded Model in SS, $540 is a steal of a price. They usually go for ~$575-600. Be sure it is one of the new Loaded Models, and not an older standard 1911. Let us know how it turns out.

Frank

·
Registered
48 Posts
Patrick,
I bought one of the government "loaded" stainless versions for myself and a stainless V10 government model for the wife. I picked mine up for $560 and the wifes for $580. They both shot great out of the box. The only problem was the two piece guide rod. You have to dump it and replace it with a one piece. Aside from the guide rod problem, these guns shoot great. I just had some additional custom work done (front strap checkering, ambi safety, adjustable night sites, trigger job) on my and will be picking it up today. IMHO the Springfields are one of the best deals in 1911's.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahhh yes.. the old two piece guide rod.
I think Kings makes this for them (just guessing).
I have a Kings two piece on my Colt/Essex home brew. Makes it hard to clean.

Gotta get this "Gubment" model. It sounds like the deal of the century.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my Champion loaded stainless for $625 Ouch. That was the best deal I could find here in town. sigh.

Originally posted by dro57:
Patrick,
I bought one of the government "loaded" stainless versions for myself and a stainless V10 government model for the wife. I picked mine up for $560 and the wifes for $580. They both shot great out of the box. The only problem was the two piece guide rod. You have to dump it and replace it with a one piece. Aside from the guide rod problem, these guns shoot great. I just had some additional custom work done (front strap checkering, ambi safety, adjustable night sites, trigger job) on my and will be picking it up today. IMHO the Springfields are one of the best deals in 1911's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
im new to 1911 shooting and i just bought a new sa govt with novac sights. i was
wondering what can i expect at the range?
i work in a gun store so i got it for $400
i also got a ww1 1911 frame with a ww2 slide for $400 did i get a good deal? what is it worth?

thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts