1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does any of you own or have owned a springfiel hi cap mode?I was wondering if they have alot of feed problems being double stacked,like I hear about paras hi cap models.I was gonna buy a mil spec loaded,then I saw the hi cap,now I don't know what one to get!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have one

Great gun, have no feed problems. Some will say the grip is too big for smaller hands which I have but I have no problem with it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
My SA Hi-Cap Loaded

I have no problems with feeding. Getting thirteen rounds into one magazine can be a bit of a challenge. I usually only load twelve rounds in the magazines that came with the pistol. One is a Mec-gar's the other I believe came from Springfield. I also have one ten rounder that came from SA it loads fine. Seems like a PITA to get a full mag out of the hi-cap mags I own though. I am looking for a couple more magazines.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have owned a Springfield V-10 ultra compact hi cap for about 10 years. I admit the round count is most likely between 1500-2000 rounds but I can say that I haven't had any malfunctions at all with mine. I was going to sell it since I shoot it the least of any of my other pistols but every time I take it out I can't bring myself to parting with it..

John P..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi cap

I have had the loaded for several years and have never had a problem.I am left handed and sent it back to springfield for an ampi. safety and love it you cant go wrong.

Regards Randy

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
I have the same semi-loaded model as pictured in CryingWolf's reply. Mine feeds RN ammo without fail, but it doesn't do as well with SWC's.

I have all Mecgar or Para mags and they work fine with 13 rounds. I had no luck with the ProMags (the mag in CryingWolfs pic with the plastic baseplate loks to be a ProMag).

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
steveodarko

The world of 1911's is such a seductive thing. So many wonderful option for shooting pleasure. The hi cap is a great pistol. I have a couple and both are great shooters. They can get a little on the heavy side with 13 rounds of 45acp in the mag.

the hi cap has NO grip mod options, as with the mil spec in single stack - much eaiser to put your MARK of personal modifications. Mag well, grip pannels - etc.

I am sure you will love whichever one you decide on!:rock:

·
Registered
405 Posts
kevins_garage said:
I have all Mecgar or Para mags and they work fine with 13 rounds. I had no luck with the ProMags (the mag in CryingWolfs pic with the plastic baseplate loks to be a ProMag).
Yeah, when I bought the pistol it had three mags, one Mecgar and the other two are not marked. One is a ten rounder the other a 13 rounder. All the mags work great in the pistol other then I can only seem to get 12 rounds in the 13 rounders. I am looking for more magazines soon. My buddy has a Para and we have already tested that his mags work in mine and vise versa.

old-lefty said:
The world of 1911's is such a seductive thing. So many wonderful option for shooting pleasure. The hi cap is a great pistol. I have a couple and both are great shooters. They can get a little on the heavy side with 13 rounds of 45acp in the mag.

the hi cap has NO grip mod options, as with the mil spec in single stack - much eaiser to put your MARK of personal modifications. Mag well, grip pannels - etc.
I can attest to both, heavy and no grip options, although I have carried mine and you may find grips that fit Para Ordnance P-14 can be made to fit with some modification. Trigger and mag release is designed for a hi-cap, but all the rest of the pistol is a normal government size 1911. I may be looking soon to change the main spring housing on this hi-cap to rid my self of the ILS and add some texturing. I may also change the sights to Novaks soon.

This one was my first 1911 a real shooter, but I am already looking for a non hi-cap government size, although I will never get rid of my hi-cap.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If we could get a high cap wit a 4inch model like a champion or something that woul be sweeet. Id defenatly buy one...

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
Springfield did make a champion length wide body back in 2004 I think! I have seen them on Gunbroker - from time to time. RARE but they are out there.

Let me revise! It was the ultra compact hi cap. Sorry by the way there is on on gunbroker right now =- Parkerized.

·
Registered
405 Posts
@LoneRanger; Standard feed ramp here too. I really only say the only differences between the HI-CAP and a standard government size is the Mag Release, Trigger (trigger bow), grips and frame of course. All other parts are the same.

@Rasper - Check out this Ultra-Compact Hi-Cap
http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=43755

1 - 13 of 13 Posts