1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a New springfield that I am having ejector problems with. I can only get 2 or 3 shots without a fail to eject, the extractor hangs onto the casing, and causes a jam. It is better with some kinds of ammo, looking like the more powerful the round? I have problems loading a mag and racking the slide through the mag, I can only get one or 2 rounds to eject then a jam.

Anyone have any ideas? or is thing going to have to go back to Springfield? Is there any adjustment for the extractor? I removed it, cleaned everything on it, and then lubed it and re-installed it.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

·
Registered
298 Posts
IF you are using factory ammo, and the gun is not ejecting the spent casings the way it should, I would give SA a call and make arrangements to send it back to them for repair. There is nothing you should have to do to make the gun work right; just clean and lube properly, and use good quality ammo (factory). If you're using reloads, you might expect a few problems here and there (although I haven't had any with mine).

If your gun is defective, SA will make it right. If you have to send it back, it won't cost you anything except a little patience. I believe the average turn-around time is about 3 weeks.

Gluck Haben,

Dr. Lecter

·
Registered
599 Posts
Joe, I'm having a similiar problem with my new loaded. The next to last round did the same as yours. It was constant with all 8 rd mags, wilson and stars. Does not seem to do it with the 7 rd flat follower mags. What mags are you using? I contacted wilson to change the followers, but they said they think it needs a longer ejector. I know springfield would make it right, but the hassle of sending it back ticks me off. I used both ball and reloads. My sights were WAY off, how about yours?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Not to undermind you guys, but have you checked the extractor tension on these to make sure it's not something you can fix in 5 minutes as opposed to sending the gun back? Sounds like these extractors may be too tight.
Street

·
Registered
233 Posts
For the ammount of time it will take to check, I would follow what StreetSweeper reccomended, check the extractor tension. All my loadeds when new would barely hold the case let alone reliably eject them.
Sure beats a trip and wait for your gun for a quick fix.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do I check the Extractor tension?

Is there a write-up somewhere? I would be interested in trying that.

Here is a very bad picture of what the gun is doing. The extractor is not letting go, and it takes dropping the mag, and cycling the slide one or more times.

Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mike56 said:
Joe, I'm having a similiar problem with my new loaded. The next to last round did the same as yours. It was constant with all 8 rd mags, wilson and stars. Does not seem to do it with the 7 rd flat follower mags. What mags are you using? I contacted wilson to change the followers, but they said they think it needs a longer ejector. I know springfield would make it right, but the hassle of sending it back ticks me off. I used both ball and reloads. My sights were WAY off, how about yours?
I am just using the stock mags, I have tried 3 different stock mags, and a couple wilsons.

My sites seem to be alittle low, but I am still getting used to the gun. Both of my SIGS have night sights, so I may not be used to the flat black novak sites.

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts