1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I broke down and bought a Springfield Loaded 1911 (PX9151LP). Took it to the range yesterday and put 100 rds of Winchester 230gr ball (white box from Wal Mart) through it. Extremely accurate and nice shooting pistol. My wife loved it.
The only problem I had was when I tried to use some Wilson mags (the ones that came with the pistol were flawless). I bought a couple of new Wilson 8 rounders when I picked up the pistol.

The last round with the Wilson's would not chamber (with either mag). Probably after another few rounds it would work? Not sure. I took them back and traded the Wilson's in for a couple of Chip McCormick mags. I'll check and see if I have the same problem with these.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

This is a great pistol! Has all the features one could want and a great frame.

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
I can`t answer your question about the Wilson mags....but enjoy that gun. Imagine this...another happy SA owner:rock:

·
Registered
779 Posts
I had the same problem with my Springer (px9154lp). Mine failed to feed with any Mag. Sent it back to SA. They polished and cleaned up the necessary parts, now it's flawless. By the way, I stuck with the Wilson Mags just because they're made better than factory mags and hold 1 more rd. SA CS is unbeatable, they even called me and gave me a progress report midway thru. It took roughly 3 weeks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bosbar:
Thank you for the feedback. I'll try the Chip McCormicks and see how they work this week. If I have a problem with them then I'll send it SA.

The SA mags that came with the pistol are working fine. It may be a matter of breaking it in a little bit. I only put 100 rds through it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I think you should have kept the Wilson's and break the gun in (500 rounds) before blaming the Wilson Mags. Just MO.:(

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can always get a couple more Wilson's after the break in...I know that they are supposed to be the best.:)

·
Registered
778 Posts
My Stainless loaded's extractor was way too tight from the factory, after 100 rounds of single shot it wasnt settling in so I readjusted the tension then ran 100 through it without a problem. It seems to be a fine pistol, I just wish I hadnt chosen to shoot alongside my buddies new STI Trojan .38 super, now I'm gonna have to have one of them.:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts