1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a used springfield long slide today used stainless steel has had a trigger job, $675 is it worth it? Anyone have one and how does it shoot? Right now i have a colt combat elite, kimber target ecllipse, and a SW 945. I really want to get another 1911 not sure what yet any input will be helpful

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
I saw a used springfield long slide today used stainless steel has had a trigger job, $675 is it worth it? Anyone have one and how does it shoot? Right now i have a colt combat elite, kimber target ecllipse, and a SW 945. I really want to get another 1911 not sure what yet any input will be helpful

i saw a new stainless long slide springer listed for 1100 at the store last week(sold). You might want to find out who did the trigger job before pulling the trigger on it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not even think about that, I should of asked when I was theret today. I looked at that one a rock island armory and a smith wesson 1911sc

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
If the gun is in good shape, I'd buy it for that price even if you had to put some $$ into a few parts.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I agree with Primer...

The longslide will nicely compliment your existing array of semi-autos.

I have the SA V-16 ported longslide, and it is sweet.

The blowback from the porting will part your hair, and it is extremely accurate, much more so than a good many more expensive guns.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went and got it tonight, and sorry to say I lied it was 595.00 feels nice. It does have a few scratches how can i get them out?

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I went and got it tonight, and sorry to say I lied it was 595.00 feels nice. It does have a few scratches how can i get them out?
Scotchbrite and oil, but it will leave a matte (dull) finish. You'll have to do the whole gun to make it even.

Oh, congrats on getting a very good price on that gun.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, the guy in the store tried to talk me out of it for some reason. He tried to talk me into a TGO of the FBI model. Maybe when I get my taxes done.

Colt Combat elite, Kimber target eclipse,SW 945, SW 952, MP9,G17,G22C,G17 1st gen, SW model 41, SW 686, P229,P226,P232, Desert eagle and now a Springfield long slide

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took just over 2 hours cleaning it tonight, you'd think the shop I got it from would of cleaned and lubed it. I tried to up load a photo but it said the file was too big.

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
I have several SA longslides and that is a GREAT price. Go for it. :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
CONGRADULATIONS!!! that is a GREAT PRICE for the longslide. You will be happy with it.

I got one used - had a lot of scratcheds on it - Find a good smith and have it re-bead blasted and the flats polished - will look better than new. Or have SA do it. Get the front strap checkered and they will include it in the price of the front strap - (pretty sure - not certain).

Here is picture of mine after getting it refinished. Cost was $85.00:rock:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I finally took it to the range tonight put 100 threw it and it shoots nice, I was even able to talk to the prevous owner who told me he put maybe 800 threw it. I like it and glad I got it and now im a springfield fan. I'm considering a wilson trigger for it an I gotta find someone to checker the front.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts