1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me crazy or weird but i want a longslide. springfield is the only one i could find. any advice or experiance with the would be much apperciated

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I had one, by Peter Stahl they had some problems with the extractor. You might check out Fusion arms, from what I here they make a great gun.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Call me crazy or weird but i want a longslide. springfield is the only one i could find. any advice or experiance with the would be much apperciated
Fusion has a number of longslide models. I believe you can even get them
in hi cap and 10mm. They do great work and have a terrific product line.
I have yet to hear a complaint

·
Registered
160 Posts
STI makes a 6" called the TargetMaster, I don't have experience with it but have heard good things about it.
http://www.stiguns.com/

Then there are the AMT LS with the 7" barrel, however they are no longer made. The used ones are around but there are mixed reviews on them. Mine is the most reliable 1911 I own. The LS don't kick as much as a regular size gun.

The one on left is a orginal and the one on the right is a AMT slide (with custom work done) on a different lower.

A regular 5" slide in the middle

3 1/2", 5" and 7" slides

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
I love my comped SA Longslide. I had a Storm Lake bbl fitted (it's not a V-16). Most accurate gun I've ever seen or shot.

Best value---bang for your buck is the Fusion IMO. It's not a run-of-the-mill gun. You can make changes when you order it. It'll be a custom hand made gun. Every one is.

Call Bob or Dale at Fusion. http://www.fusionfirearms.com/ Tracy

·
Registered
180 Posts
I bought a new Springer Longslide from Buds Gunshop a couple of months ago. Frankly, the only reason I wanted one was that I already had a 3, 4, and 5 inch 1911.
I am 56 years old and these old eyes had no end of trouble picking up the all black target sights. I have changed the sights out for Dawson Precision Fiber Optic units, Ed Brown strong side safety, done a trigger job, oversize EGW firing pin stop, steel firing pin, wolff extra strength firing pin spring,and a short carbon/titanium STI trigger (all my guns have the same trigger). I also converted the mainspring housing assembly to a standard type setup with 19 pound mainspring.
The gun didn't NEED any of that stuff, as it shot great, right out of the box. I just like having my guns my way. I'm funny like that.

The recoil pulse is softer and longer than any of my other guns. With the FO sights, it is very easy to hit with. The sights and longer sight radius make the gun very easy to shoot well. I have let a couple of friends shoot it and they have both remarked on the lack of recoil and longer sight radius.

I can't imagine carrying a longslide, but it has become my most favored paper puncher.

Bill.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I had a Springfield long slide .45 a few years ago and it shot fine but I couldn't find a holster for it so it was traded away for something else. If I remember, I put an Optica 2000 red dot sight on it and all that did was show me how much my hand trembles when I shoot. Cool gun though.....

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a Springfield Long Slide V16 and love it. I shoot 45 ACP and 45 Super (230g bonded Golden Sabre HPs at 1150 fps) through it. It's incredibly accurate and is my carry gun. Recoil with 45 ACP rounds is non existent. I just had Dawson put their adjustable fiber optic sights on it. They look lovely. Haven't had a chance to shoot it since the sights were installed yet. Nice gun.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
They are nice and I would also like to add one to my collection. An acquaintance has a Trophy Match Longslide for sale, but I just can afford it.

Here's a photo of it...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a Springfield Long Slide V16 and love it. I shoot 45 ACP and 45 Super (230g bonded Golden Sabre HPs at 1150 fps) through it. It's incredibly accurate and is my carry gun. Recoil with 45 ACP rounds is non existent. I just had Dawson put their adjustable fiber optic sights on it. They look lovely. Haven't had a chance to shoot it since the sights were installed yet. Nice gun.
As a carry gun? Wow. Is that comfortable?

·
Registered
7,459 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
If anyone is willing to sell their Springfield V16 .45 Super or knows someone willing to sell one please let me know. This is my next prospective 1911 and I am ready to buy.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

·
Registered
179 Posts
More than likely if it's an OWB holster.
It is an OWB holster, and it's a bit heavy and long, so I was looking for a SOB holster so the muzzle wouldn't hang down as far. Here's my V16 which I really love

Couldn't find one for a LongSlide so I bought this holster for a full size 1911anyway because I really liked it. Now I needed a gun to put in it.

Bought a Professional to put in it yesterday, most expensive holster in the history of the world lol !

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a Springer LS V-16 hate the two piece guiderod!!!! I leave it in and clean from the muzzle just to avoid taking the damn thing apart. Appart from that it is a neat firearm. I will cylce standard 45ACP and supers so i don't have to change out the recoil spring. BTW Blue dot powder yields an impressive flame out the comp ports.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Something about a long slide always appealed to me but I wonder truly how much accuracy you can squeeze out of the 1911 platform. All of my long handguns are wheelguns, maybe it's time to change it up...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts