1911Forum banner

Springfield Mil-Spec 1911

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  guy sajer 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am considering the Mil-Spec 1911. Does anyone have any information on:

1) Reliability
2) Accuracy out to 25 yds. for defensive and IDPA shooting
3) Conformance to the "standard" 1911--can I use any part for a generic 1911 in it?
4) Quality ambidextrous safeties

Thanks,

Tom

#2 ·
1) Reliability
2) Accuracy out to 25 yds. for defensive and IDPA shooting
3) Conformance to the "standard" 1911--can I use any part for a generic 1911 in it?
4) Quality ambidextrous safeties
Great reliability. 75 feet away is a long ways.

A Milspec IS the "standard" 1911.

"Quality Ambidextrious Safety" is an oxymoron.

#6 ·
The Mil-Spec is a good shooter. Plain-jane; everything you need, and nothing you don't. I'd go with Springfield over Rock Island Armory. It's also a good kit gun; if you decide you want an extended safety, or a longer trigger, better sights, etc., you can always swap them out over time. :) It's one of the best starting 1911s I've seen.

Andy

#8 ·
ElrodCod said:
The $370 gun is the new WWII "mil-spec". The one in the ad is SA's original Mil-Spec, which costs a bit more. Why??? I dunno!
The MilSpec has a little bit better sights (more visible), lowered and flared ejection port. The WW2 doesn't have any of those.

I like my $375 MilSpec so much, it's my everyday carry piece. 100% reliable with hollow points, reloads and anything else I feed it. I have about 400 rounds through it.

#9 ·
I have used the Ed Brown std tactical safety for years on several of my own guns as well as selling quite a few in our shop .
Their ambi safety is also a top choice .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.