1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
col132, while the stainless 1991 is a fine gun, there is just something about that matte stainless thats a turn off. I love the finish on the Ser 80 Gov't model stainless. Granted, on most of my guns I have them plated with Armor-tuff by Wilson Combat, but on some occassions I keep them with factory finish.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
So true Col132, I picked up tonight a Safari Arms GI model with a parkerized matchmaster slide fitted at the factory for $200 plus my Mossberg 500a. I'm gonna send it in to either Wilson or Kings and have either an Armor-tuff finish applied similar to my CQB's or have it metaloyed which is a stainless appearing satin teflon finish. I purchased today also a Gold Cup Trophy and the dealer had a brand new Colt lightweight commander STS for $649. If all your looking to do is buy a gun to build it up I would suggest looking for a Norinco 1911 or an Essex model. I've been told by gunsmiths that Thompson Auto Ordnance guns are good, but not heat treated. I might also suggest the AMT Hardballer which is now Gallina Arms I believe. Their good guns and not so expensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.