1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I posted here at 1911forum, but I have been bitten by the bug. I have decided to get either a Mil-Spec or a Mil-Spec Operator and I have a couple questions.

I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not the Springfield Mil-Spec Operator is still made. It is not on there website, but I am not sure that means anything since I was never able to find it on their website.

Also...

What do you know about holster availability for the Operator line.

Thanks much!

Matt

·
Registered
841 Posts
A store near me has two Mil-Spec Operators. They have been in the case for the past year as no one has bought them yet. I can't remember the price but I think it was around $650-700? Don't quote me on that.

DeSantis makes a Thumb Break holster "01" for the TRP Operator and an IWB "Inner Piece" holster for the TRP operator. These holsters are readily available around here.

High Noon makes the same and Milt Sparks makes a VM-2 IWB holster but I'm sure they are all sold out by now so you'd have to order one and wait 3 months or so to get it.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
The TRP Operator is pretty expensive (although a fine pistol), but the Loaded Operator is available and is much less $ than the TRP version.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts