1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need your thoughts on this. I have and older Springfield Milspec with NM ser number that I currently carry. Saw a Para Ord P13 at a gunstore which felt better to carry due to shorter commander slide. Is Milspec worth more/better made than P13 or should I just sell Milspec adn buy Para for $600.00. Thanks for your opinions!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well, I assume that you know the P-13 is quite different from the MilSpec, almost to the point that many dont consider it a real 1911, due to a double stack mag and double action trigger. Anyways, slide length usually doesnt aid in concealment, but a smaller gripframe does. That fat frame wont conceal nearly as well as a single stack, plus it will probably be heavier than your milspec.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
97 Posts
In reality the P13 is single action. It's their 4.25" barrel variant. They're a great pistol. Maybe you should try test firing one and see which one you like. That slightly wider grip frame helps absorb the recoil making the pistol pleasant to shoot. The only weight difference I can think of is in the 6 extra rounds that the P13 can carry; if it weighs more it's because you're getting almost double the capacity.

·
Administrator
13,263 Posts
We've had reliability issues with the single action Para to the point where I don't sell them anymore unless it's a spl order . The newer LDA sytem seems to be reliable though . We haven't had much trouble with them .

If your SA is reliable and you like it , I would keep it if you can afford to . Buy the Para out right and try it for awhile . Then decide which one you want .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts