Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Springfield Loaded Black Stainless

Votes: 26 68.4%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an itch for a 1911 but cannot decide between these 2 models. The Loaded Black Stainless or the Mil-spec stainless. Both look absolutely beautiful and seem rock solid. Anyone have any info on which one I should go for? What's a reasonable street price for these models? Any issues with the Black finish? Which one would you pick and why?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wanted the Combat Loaded (or is it Tactical?), but couldn't find one and didn't want to order one as the dealer had no idea how long it would take. I ended up spending $40 more and got the Lightweight

I was looking exclusively at Loaded models though, and the Combat was simply my favorite (and I thought the LW would be significantly more than it was)

I say go with the loaded, you will probably end up wanting the upgrades shortly anyways

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I am personally not a big fan of stainless, not to say I hate it, just not preferred. On that note, if I had to choose, I'd go for the Mil Spec. Why? Probably because I already bought a parkerized one. Again, my own personal opinion, but I really don't like front cocking serrations or full length guide rods. I could go either way on the beavertail. As far as prices are, I picked up my NIB Mil Spec this past summer for $620 after taxes. And I want to say the Loaded will go for about $100+ more than the Mil Spec. And maybe even more for the black stainless, because those seems more difficult to find than the others. Either way, Springfield makes a quality product with a superb warranty and customer service.

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
i voted for the milspec.

the black stainless is certainly nice too, but i'm personally not a fan of stainless 1911's. :)

in my area, milspecs go for about $650, and the black stainless loadeds run about $900.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
You can NOT get the modifications done to the Mil-Spec for the price of the Loaded Model. If it were me I would save my money and get the Loaded. I have a Loaded SS Champion it's great and it's my EDC. So I guess I maybe a little bias. The Loaded has almost everything I require on a SD pistol. Only things missing were a mag chute and custom grips. I went with the S&A Mag chute and got rid of the ILS at the same time. Hate that stupid useless lock.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I vote the black stainless just because it has more black in it. Not really a huge fan of stainless weapons or any other shiny or bright finish. Just a personal preference though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I voted for the Loaded in black stainless also. I'm partial to that shiney look, especially with the black accents. I have a Trophy Match and a STI Edge in hard chrome.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Go for the Black Stainless, I love the look so much I bought 4 of them. If you can't find one, get a regular stainless PX9151LP and have Springfield put the Armorykote on it, same gun different finish and combat single safety.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts